MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XML & xdcam problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John AufderheideXML & xdcam problems
by on Sep 28, 2009 at 5:15:55 pm

I am using FCP 6.0.6 and a trial version of Media 100 Suite 1.0.1 (I have Producer) on a Mac Pro, OS 10.5.8, QT 7.6. Matrox MXO2 1.5.1

I have a timeline in FCP with XDCAM footage. If I export it using XML and then import it into Media 100, Media 100 will render the footage (naturally) and then lock up with a statement that the footage at 00:00:00 does not match the rest of the program. Then I get the Media 100 crash screen with error number -19004. And if I reopen this project, i will get the same crash and message.

Am i mistaken to think that I can import an xml xdcam timeline?

I also created a Prores timeline from the XDCAM timeline in FCP, rendered it and then exported the xml. When I went to import it into Media 100, it again started to render it (and I had chosen the Prores Codec and the 1080i timeline) and then it locked up again.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Return to posts index

John AufderheideRe: XML & xdcam problems
by on Sep 28, 2009 at 6:04:57 pm

I did notice that with the Prores exported version of the FCP sequence that Media 100 wants to import the entire quicktime file, not just the clips. So that is why it is rendering. (I had cut the timeline to just a few clips for the test.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved