MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Render Problem in 1.0.2

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich EvansRender Problem in 1.0.2
by on Sep 28, 2009 at 2:00:04 pm

Has anyone noticed a particular bug that prohibits the render command in the edit suite from rendering correctly? It appears that if you make a new composition on the timeline, go into Boris Red and add a still or video clip, apply, then hit the render button in Media100, the comp appears to render but you are left with a black clip. Every time. The workaround is to "render range" then all is fine. These are additional steps that I prefer not to do. Hs anyone else figured out another workaround? Media100 has affirmed this bug and will eventually fix it but in the meantime this is a real pain.

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: Render Problem in 1.0.2
by on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:49:53 pm

I've had this problem too before. on v.12.x and 13.x. and yes "render in range" makes it.
Next time you try to render these titles manually from the Edit Suite, just check/uncheck and check again the feature boxes This Clip and Below randomly, it used to work sometimes.

One similar "bug" is happening to me on Suite 1.0.2 nowadays. When I make Time Fx to "Use Preview Online", not to render them before a final call from the client, adding a Color Fx to these clips, therefore not rendered, and go to "render all" or even "in range" would make these clips go black simply because it can't render a Color Fx On top of Previewed Time Fx. Must yout render a Time Fx before it gets Color corrected...(?)

Return to posts index

Rich EvansRe: Render Problem in 1.0.2
by on Sep 28, 2009 at 8:55:33 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Question i have is. Those 2 boxes are checked and greyed out in the edit suite. How does one check them on and off?

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: Render Problem in 1.0.2
by on Sep 28, 2009 at 9:49:27 pm

These switches are available when compositing Boris Titles and/or Compositions on V1 and up tracks as well as animation files with an Alpha Channel. I don't even see why one would use these switches anyway, but it used to help me recovering some animations with alpha that would randomly go black once in a while.

I always worked with RED in V tracks, and I had never realized that creating a Boris Comp in a/b tracks, for me, doesn't work at all!!!

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: Render Problem in 1.0.2- RED ALERT
by on Sep 28, 2009 at 10:06:02 pm

All this to say that we have a damn RED issue here.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: Render Problem in 1.0.2- RED ALERT
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 4:20:30 pm

This should be fixed with 1.1.2

You can grab it from our downloads page here: http://www.media100.com/support/downloads.php

Release Notes here: http://www.borisfx.com/download_files/Media_100_Suite_1_1_2_Release_Notes.p...

-Matt

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: Render Problem in 1.0.2- RED ALERT
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 4:32:31 pm

It is, thanks Media 100!

Return to posts index

Rich EvansRe: Render Problem in 1.0.2- RED ALERT
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:09:41 pm

I look forward to checking this out.
Now onto another problem! Can they fix the DVE transitions in RED so they all work? Many just dont work anymore on my INTEL Mac Pro using Media100 1.1.1 but when I use them in my PC Pro Mac using 1.1.1 they work fine. A problem with Snow Leopard???

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Render Problem in 1.0.2- RED ALERT
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 6:30:01 pm

Hey Rich,

I really thought we had covered this one a while ago.

Could you share with the rest of us which one's aren't working for you?

Just point me in the right direction and I'll take it from there.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Rich EvansRe: Render Problem in 1.0.2- RED ALERT
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 12:32:02 am

Certainly Wick. Let me point you to the entire DVE Transitions called "Spheres and Cylinders". None of those work correctly. There are others in other categories but if you can get to the bottom of this group maybe all will work.

-Rich

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: nder Problem in 1.0.2- RED ALERT
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 1:29:38 am

Thanks Rich,

I'm confused 'cause I'm SURE that was the the same group you pointed out some time ago and I'm just as sure that we fixed it.

You're idea about it being config specific is a good one but I wouldn't expect it on Snow Leopard 'cause I'm in SL almost exclusively these days.

Either way, I'll take a look first thing Friday.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Rich EvansRe: nder Problem in 1.0.2- RED ALERT
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 2:48:56 am

Thanks for getting back so quickly Wick.
Nope, they don't work. I made 2 compositions and put a couple of still pics in them and tested again, with no luck. I don't want to bog you down with too much transition work all at once but many of the "Filter Mix Transitions" are not working also.
Let me know what you find out tomorrow.
-Rich

Return to posts index

by on Dec 4, 2009 at 3:54:46 am

One last thing...

What versions of M100 and Mac OS are you using? I know you've shared this before but it's hard for me to find it now as we've hijacked this thread.

Return to posts index

Rich EvansRe: nder Problem in 1.0.2- RED ALERT
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 11:11:37 am

I am using SL 10.6.2 and Media 100 1.1.2

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2009 at 2:04:02 pm

Hey Rich,

it took me most of the day yesterday to eliminate all the variables so I could prove what you already know. One additional thing I did learn is that HD projects are not affected.

To summarize...
Snow Leopard + SD + Cylinders and (some) Spheres = weird results.

More on Monday after I've heard back from Engineering.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]