MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Legacy Project Archive Problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob KarsnerLegacy Project Archive Problem
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 5:01:34 pm

I have a project that was produced 5 years ago on a Media100 legacy system that the client is wanting to tweak a little. The problem I am having is the legacy project was archived on a drive that was formatted for a PC (project was originally done on a Mac) and the icons for the media are an "EXEC" file icon. I cannot get any of the files to convert to Media100 or quicktime. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Legacy Project Archive Problem
by on Sep 22, 2009 at 9:52:46 pm

This most likely means that a part of the file (the resource fork) is missing. PC formatted drives tend not to write resource forks, but since these are an important part of the data they are needed for Media 100 (and QuickTime).
How were the files transferred to the drive? Via Network? Or via a special software, allowing Windows drives to be read and written on OSX? Maybe you should try to recreate this setup to see if there is a chance to get the files backā€¦

Return to posts index

Bob KarsnerRe: Legacy Project Archive Problem
by on Sep 23, 2009 at 2:21:48 am

Basically the files were transferred to and external drive that was pre-formatted for PC
from a Mac based system. Once the files were accessed again we realized the format of the
files had changed. These were transferred from a Mac 9.x system many years ago. Any hope?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved