MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

workflow for authoring DVDs?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Slenkerworkflow for authoring DVDs?
by on Sep 7, 2009 at 2:16:54 pm

Hi guys!

I've searched some old threads about this but they all seem to be about 2 years old and I'm sure things have changed.

Would someone be kind enough to detail their work flow (and export settings) for authoring DVDs out of Media 100 Suite?

I've just upgraded to Leopard and Media 100 Suite 1.0.1 and now my older version of Compressor (v.2) won't work (unable to ...background process...) =( This problem seems rampant and Apple doesn't have a fix...other than urging folks to upgrade their FCS package. I've tried all the detailed advice online (Compressor Repair, uninstall, reinstall the apps, etc.) with no success. I can't upgrade my FCP suite because I don't use that. I only acquired Compressor via purchasing DVDSP4 by itself a few years ago.

My old workflow featured exporting out of Media 100i or Producer, into Compressor2 and into DVD Studio Pro 4. Seems DVDSP4 is still fine and I just need a new encoding app.

Thoughts? I don't have whole lot of money to remedy this.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: workflow for authoring DVDs?
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 12:09:50 pm

Export from V1.01 by reference. Encode video from HD to SD m2v in Bitvice 2.7.X and I use current Compressor to create Dolby Digital audio files. You can use the AIFF files if your finished program is not too long but AIFF can really take up some DVD room, so take care with that option

You know the rest.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: workflow for authoring DVDs?
by on Sep 9, 2009 at 10:27:02 am

Exactly what I do and I'm now getting far better quality DVD's with the newest BitVice version (named SD, does that mean that HD is on the way?). The new BitVice downscale is tops. One word of warning however. Media 100 uses a different RGB system than other edit systems so ALWAYS check the 'Use Studio RGB' box and just as important, check the 'Use Gamma 2.2' because that prevents a loss of contrast. Also of course check 'Interlaced Input' if you have shot interlaced and 'Top Field First'.

I then format with Studio Pro and burn with Toast.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved