MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Time FX Clips Disappearing (2nd round)

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Halter
Time FX Clips Disappearing (2nd round)
on Aug 31, 2009 at 9:47:51 am

Still can't render Time FX clips, not even from track V1 as suggested. When exporting as QT-Movie in ProRes the movie is black. The unrendered clips play fine in the timeline and so I used to transfer them to my tape machine, but I don't have a machine for HD and so I need to render.
OS X 10.5.7 MacBookPro and 8-core 10.5.8 16GB Suite 1.0 and suite 1.0.1

Thanks, Felix

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: Time FX Clips Disappearing (2nd round)
on Aug 31, 2009 at 11:12:42 am

Hmmm... with a MacBook you are almost certainly using external drives, most likely FireWire. Try eliminating those drives and do a test with the internal drive only.

I'm NOT suggesting this is the answer to your problems, but it may help us figure out where the break is happening.

Return to posts index

Felix Halter
on Aug 31, 2009 at 4:31:17 pm

Thanks Wick.

Using an internal drive didn't work, however, if I reimport a clip (xdcam HD) I can do the rendering also to the external FW drive. But from the hundred clips in the bin or on the timeline they all render black. Only new imported clips work. Not only with Time FX but also with static (freeze) clips the same thing happens. I cannot render any static clips, tey turn black. Same thing in other programs SD or HD!

Return to posts index

Jack Shepard
on Aug 31, 2009 at 7:09:42 pm

I was having a similar problem about a month or so ago. Never really figured out a work around though it seemed to help somewhat if I had multiple layers if I rendered them all separately instead of having a whole "tier" of them render at the same time. Also had an issue with once the Time FX rendered that sometimes the clip started at a different place and then would stutter. And sometimes they would just go black (and I would do a quick "undo").

If I remember correctly was using SD footage within the M100i codec.

Return to posts index

Felix Halter
on Sep 1, 2009 at 5:11:26 am

To me it looks like that clips which were acquired in an older version turn black upon rendering (freeze/Time FX). If I reacquire in Suite 1 they work.
Jack, how did you get rid of the problem? Were they clips from a previous version?
Bob: If you reacquire a couple of clips into your current version, do they work?

Return to posts index

Robert Stone
on Aug 31, 2009 at 7:59:14 pm

Aloha Wick,

FYI - this latest batch capture with wrong V1 clip info was all on internal drives.

Not to say that firewire drives weren't connected, but not turned on.

Blessings,

Bob

Robert Stone
http://www.TaylorCampFilm.com
http://www.youtube.com/MauiFilms

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]