MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 Suite1 INPUT Problem!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fermin Branger
M100 Suite1 INPUT Problem!
on Aug 23, 2009 at 6:51:33 pm

Hi, I'm trying to acquire Component HD from a camera but, each time I try, I need to go around PROGRAM-ACQUIRE-PROGRAM-ACQUIRE several times until the system sincs. Almost always I get blinking green-yellow lights on my signal indicators, and blinking black + image field on my monitor.
If I leave it alone it sincs itself in about 5-7 minutes.

I get the same result with video + audio (from my mixer).

We'll start a long feature film tomorrow and I will use my Media100 Suite as a monitoring, analizing, backup-ing unit on the set. Everybody will have their eyes over our system because isn't Avid nor FinalCut, but we are so nervous about this sync issue.

The director wants to film "guerrilla style" with smalls cameras that doesn't have Ref output...

Any Idea?

Thanks,

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: M100 Suite1 INPUT Problem!
on Aug 24, 2009 at 2:34:08 am

- v1 or v1.0.1?
- What I/O hardware?
- If AJA, what driver version?
- What device are you acquiring from?

- As an alternative to switching between Acquire and Program... what if you click out to the Finder and back again while in acquire?

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
on Aug 24, 2009 at 3:23:33 am

Thanks Wick,
V 1.0.1, using MXO2 in a Mac Book Pro 2.66 DualCore, 4Gb RAM + Drobo 4Tb + Panasonic 1700 HD monitor. We are using HVX-200, HVR-A1, and FX7 cameras via Component HD.
Thanks

Fermin Branger
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Aug 24, 2009 at 11:32:40 am

Thanks. I'll replicate your setup today and see what I can find.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Aug 24, 2009 at 2:17:18 pm

I'm currently sitting still in a lovely Monday morning traffic jam, so I haven't been able to try anything yet.

However, I thought of another question.

What Matrox driver version have you got? Best for M100 Suite should be 1.5.1

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Aug 24, 2009 at 3:42:24 pm

Good News. It looks like we CAN reproduce your problem. This is good 'cause it means I can have an Engineer look at it and figure out how to fix it.

Also good because I was able to verify that my idea of clicking to the Finder and back to the Acquire Tool grabs the sync very quickly every time.

So for now, I strongly advise you to use this trick to get the sync locked. I think that anyone looking over your shoulder will hardly even notice ;-)

Be assured that I am by no means suggesting this is the solution. We will address the problem as quickly as possible if it's something we can control. In the meantime, however, this is your best workaround.

Let me know if this works.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
on Aug 24, 2009 at 4:19:45 pm

Thanks Wick!

Fermin Branger
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
on Aug 24, 2009 at 4:15:56 pm

Yes , I have version 1.5.1
We are shooting right now without M100 now, I'm a little sad about it.
Thanks for your attention, I'll be aware.

Thanks

Fermin Branger
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

Paul Friedli
on Aug 26, 2009 at 7:00:21 am

Hi,
I had a similar problem with V1.0 the sync was on/off in a 2 second pace, but this only when audio was enabled. Video only worked ok, but it seems to be solved with 1.01
I will investigate further too.

MacBook Pro 15" 2.53MHZ
OSX 10.5.8
QT 7.62
MATROX MXO2 1.5.1

Paul Friedli

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
M100 Studio: Report from the set
on Aug 27, 2009 at 3:42:17 am

Hi, We┬┤ve been working 12 hours/day and my M100 Studio is walking with a lame leg. It's so comfortable to have a real M100 on the set but it have lost the sinc during digitizing in 2 of each 10 takes, saying that the clip media have itt's corrupted.

I've been using the "clicking out an in" to restore sinc and it solves quickly the issue but I've lost time, takes and patience.

It's true that the problem is far bigger acquiring video+audio, and tonight I have tried to record only audio, several times, but I couldnt. I've tried to use a single composite video signal as a reference (ref in) but it doesn't worked too.

I've get CPU performance alerts from time to time, and disc problems as well.

My 17" 2.66 Ghz has 4 Gb RAM and my Raid can write over the Mbytes/sec needed to acquire DVCPRO HD 1080i60.
I'm waiting a 8 Gb kit of new RAM to reinforce my system.

In Spite of all of this, It's so great to have a real M100 on the set. I've been using it from the begining, 15 years ago, and I've always dreamed to have a powerfull and compact system like this with me.
(6 years ago we get a whole Edit suite (M100i) to the Amazonas to film our first video to film project, and it was SO cumbersome)

Fermin Branger
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]