MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Importing QT files into Suite V1 - where's the audio?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David IsskoImporting QT files into Suite V1 - where's the audio?
by on Aug 11, 2009 at 12:18:28 pm

Yes. When I import QT files into my freshly loaded Media 100 Suite V1, the Media 100 goes through its routine, updating video media files and even says it is importing the accompanying audio tracks. When the importing is done, the clip image comes up in the bin with the video and audio indicators. However, when I go to play the clip, it is silent.

So silent in fact that the audio tracks are missing! Only the video track imported and when laying the clip in the timeline, only the video clip is present! No audio clips attached even though it says it has the audio.

Yes, the original QT files play back with audio and inspecting the clip's properties, all is well, with all the bits checked on.

Anyone experiencing this phenomenon and / or anyone got some answers please. I have not experienced this loss of audio importing before with V13 (just last week in fact) and earlier versions.

Thanks very much from a very confused Media 100 operator.

P.S. Short term solution is to export the QT file as AIFF file, import into V1 and join the video & audio clips together. Not a nice thing to do if you have lots o QT clips to import.

Looking forward to a quick solution.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Importing QT files into Suite V1 - where's the audio?
by on Aug 11, 2009 at 12:27:26 pm

What format are your original movie files? Is there a way for you to post a short example somewhere on a server? Some parts of the audio import have been rewritten for support of 24bit audio clips, so maybe there is some sort of bug there. Much easier to reproduce if we have a clip that shows this problem…

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Importing QT files into Suite V1 - where's the audio?
by on Aug 11, 2009 at 9:09:08 pm

Hi Floh,

One type was a DVCAM format QT clip transferred from XDCAM 330 camera. I had about 100+ of these clips to import from a job shot last week.

The other was a HD ProRez 422HQ self contained FCP QT clip of a music video.

I could send a short QT clip on You Send It but can you test your V1 by importing a QT file (assuming you have one of course) into V1.

Another point to note was the installation of V1 did not offer me an uninstall of V13, unlike previous upgrades. Could there be an issue there or is there a V1 bug?

Is there anyone else who could run a quick test please?

Thanks Floh.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 12, 2009 at 10:58:30 am

Send one via Yousendit. I´ve imported several clips with audio into Suite V1, and they all came in fine.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 12, 2009 at 12:18:47 pm

Will do. Thanks Floh.

Return to posts index

Jim WilcoxRe: Importing QT files into Suite V1 - where's the audio?
by on Aug 12, 2009 at 3:51:09 pm

David,

I don't know if the uninstall has anything to do with it, but I had to read the release notes
(pg2 "Upgrading from previous version") several times to see that they want you to run the V13 installer first and select uninstall from that installer before installing the Suite. It may be worth going thru the process again.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 12, 2009 at 9:25:18 pm

Hi Jim,

That is EXACTLY my intention to do today! Thanks for your advice.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2009 at 6:12:08 am

Went through the motions of uninstall of V13 then I uninstalled Suite V1, reinstalled V1 but no luck in trying to import QT files WITH their associated audio. Still only imports the video file only.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2009 at 9:40:56 am

David,

did you find the time to upload something? Then we could easily tell if this is a problem with your system or a more general problem with the files, like e.g. with a specific audio format or something else.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2009 at 11:46:14 am

Hi Floh,

I started to grab a file but was rudely interrupted by a client wanting to spend money my way!!!! What a cheek! Seriously, I will upload a file tomorrow for you. Thanks for asking and for your patience. Must look after our clients first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]