MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Convert Media 100 bins to FCP bins

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew WorthConvert Media 100 bins to FCP bins
by on Aug 9, 2009 at 9:54:01 am

Hi

I have found it really frustrating not being able to export bins from Media 100 to FCP. The XML workaround via the timeline is pretty annoying. I've never seen anyone export bins to FCP directly, but I've managed to find a way.

I mashed together some apple scripts (I'm a pretty average scripter) and have made one that exports a media 100 bin to an FCP Batch List which is a tab-delimited text file, basically.

However, this is only if you want to recapture media - it DOES NOT relink media. I can make one that relinks media but loses all the timecode... something to do with FCP and Media 100 storing QTs differently.

If anyone is interested i can post more details and post the script here.

handyandy

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Convert Media 100 bins to FCP bins
by on Aug 9, 2009 at 1:38:39 pm

[Andrew Worth] "However, this is only if you want to recapture media - it DOES NOT relink media. I can make one that relinks media but loses all the timecode... something to do with FCP and Media 100 storing QTs differently. "

I guess you should give Media 100 Suite a try. It captures timecode within the QuickTime files, like FCP does. Most likely this could fix your timecode issues.

Return to posts index

Javier GalasseRe: Convert Media 100 bins to FCP bins
by on Aug 23, 2009 at 10:19:50 pm

Hi Andrew,
I'm in the middle of a project that requires to move everythng from media100 to fcp, knokimg my head to the wall trying not to lose info.

Can you share the scripts?
Is better if I can relink the material,... but if it's not possible it's better than nothing. thamks
Javier

Return to posts index

Andrew WorthRe: Convert Media 100 bins to FCP bins
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 12:11:09 am

I've placed it here for download

http://rapidshare.com/files/271096100/M100_to_FCP_Bin.zip.html
MD5: 48EF53CCA7E5FDCED9B02ED1977F1653

place it into your scripts folder for M100 then use the drop down menu to trigger it from in Media 100 when the bin you want to export is highlighted.

pls note that if you have V13 you can export bins via the timeline via xml and have them open in FCP with the media linking etc, then copy the clips into a new bin in FCP. however I have found Fcp doesn't completely like working with media 100 codecs, I haven't been able to get the external video output working fully when using them. i tried creating new setups for my aja setup but was not succesful :-( - one reason to reingest everything into FCP.

let me know how you go, i'm away for a week or more so may not respond straight away.

andy

Return to posts index

Javier GalasseRe: Convert Media 100 bins to FCP bins
by on Aug 25, 2009 at 1:54:46 pm

Thanks for the script.
I'll give it a try and let you know.
Javier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]