MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

P2 importing -black set up levels

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim JorstadP2 importing -black set up levels
by on Aug 5, 2009 at 3:52:05 pm

I have two questions regarding importing P2 files at 720p 59.94. When you import P2 cards into our M100 13.01, are they imported in reference to the codec selected in the Program preferences, or should you just copy them to directly to your drive, and then import them direclty into the project? [work flow question]

Secondly, when importing the files, the black levels seem a bit washed out. With some tweaking within M100, by adding contrast and adjusting the brightness, they look great. Beforehand when importing DVCAM footage, we never had to do this with SD editing. We began noticing the "washed out look" when editing with 720p. Does one have to adjust a Kona 3 card for proper set up? We check a waveform out of the camera with the P2 card and the setup is right where it should be 7.5 IRE. It's when we import the P2 imagery that it doesn't look as saturated as it was originally shot.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: P2 importing -black set up levels
by on Aug 5, 2009 at 4:03:33 pm

[Jim Jorstad] "I have two questions regarding importing P2 files at 720p 59.94. When you import P2 cards into our M100 13.01, are they imported in reference to the codec selected in the Program preferences, or should you just copy them to directly to your drive, and then import them direclty into the project? [work flow question] "

If your P2 files are recorded in DVCProHD, they should stay in this codec. Set your bin to List view and look at the "Codec" column to see in which format they are.

[Jim Jorstad] "Does one have to adjust a Kona 3 card for proper set up?"

No. It could be that there is an issue with the P2 import. I think some changes were made to the import in one of the later 13.0.x updates of Media 100. Maybe you should give the latest version a try to see if there is a fix for your issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]