MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Suite v1 Released

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wickham StrubMedia 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Jul 31, 2009 at 10:00:04 pm

Media 100 Suite v1 is available for download right now at:

What's new in this version...

MultiClip: Media 100 Suite’s new MultiClip Editing enables real-time editing of multiple video/audio sources in a single clip.

VoiceOver: The VoiceOver Tool leverages the new MulitClip architecture allowing for multiple takes nested inside a single audio clip in the timeline.

Expanded 3rd Party Hardware Support: In addition to the entire KONA line from AJA, Media 100 Suite now supports the MXO2 line from Matrox, including support for their optional Matrox MAX H.264 encoder.

Export to After Effects: XML files created using the "Export to After Effect" command are now recognized by Adobe After Effects CS4.

QuickTime Timecode Tracks: QuickTime Timecode tracks are now honored and preserved during import and export.

Burn-In Timecode on Export: Users can now select to include a "burn-in" window displaying timecode during export.

Addtional Media 100 Suite improvements include support for Apple’s new Final Cut Studio 3 release including improved Apple Color integration, support for 24-bit audio import, and the ability to output RP188 timecode with supported AJA video I/O cards.

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Jul 31, 2009 at 11:40:41 pm

Congratulations Wick,

The new features are really exciting.

Matrox support is awesome.

Unfortunately it will be sunny here this weekend, but I can't wait to try it out.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Aug 1, 2009 at 1:55:10 am

*gasp!* =D

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Aug 1, 2009 at 8:56:28 am

Congratulations. This is a great release!!! Now I only have to stop calling it V14 ;-)

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: M100S v1 - HDx cards and licensing changes
by on Aug 1, 2009 at 5:18:01 pm

It came to my attention this morning that the Media 100 HDx cards seem to get short shrift in the Release Notes.

This can understandably give an HDx user the wrong impression that M100 Suite is not for them. To be clear... Media 100 Suite v1 absolutely DOES work with HDx hardware. The new features (excluding those related to progressive media or "newer" frame rates) work on HDx systems.

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: M100S v1 - HDx cards and licensing changes
by on Aug 3, 2009 at 2:49:18 pm

I mentioned "licensing changes" in the subject and then nothing about it in the message.

As I hinted, the "unclear HDx support in the Release Notes" issue" was brought to my attention by a colleague of mine via email, an email in which they had other questions for me as well. When I started the post, I copied and pasted from their email to the subject of the post and forgot to remove the "licensing changes" part.

Sorry for any confusion that may have caused.

Return to posts index

Fermin BrangerRe: ProRes 4:4:4:4?
by on Aug 2, 2009 at 2:28:56 pm

Some questions:
Can we work using ProRes 4444 codec?
What about AVC-INTRA?

Fermin Branger
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

Daniel R JohnsonRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Aug 2, 2009 at 11:31:00 pm

Wick: I am a registered user. When I got home and downloaded the new Suite 1, during installation it came to the part where I thought I would find a unique product code. The space for the code was BLANK, and the message appeared my trial period for the product had expired. Did I do something wrong?

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Aug 3, 2009 at 2:41:24 pm

Hey Daniel,

Not necessarily, send an email at

They have a quick an painless method to make this kind of road block "go away".

Since this knowledge could be used for "less than honest" purposes, I'm sure you understand why I can't post any more detail than that in a public forum ;-)

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Aug 4, 2009 at 8:57:34 pm

Thank you to everyone at Media 100 for believing in the very best NLE and continuing with it, going from strength to strength. Congratulations and well done!!!!

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Aug 5, 2009 at 2:36:42 pm

Couldn't agree more! It's a pity that so much damage was done by the previous owners and so much ground lost. Whenever I extol the virtues of Media 100 to other film makers, which I do constantly, I get blank looks and references to FCP or, heaven forbid, Adobe Premier. I know publicity costs money but the message should really be spread more widely because the product is so good and, above all, so much more user friendly than FCP.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Colin GrimshawRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Aug 6, 2009 at 8:49:32 am

I agree totally with the comments by Michael Slowe. I get the same comments but including the mention (of course) of Avid! I have always found FCP full of menus and sub menus which confuse me at times (and many others too). M100 has always been very easy and powerful to use and few seem to know it's out there - that's a shame.

Colin Grimshaw
Imperial College London

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Aug 7, 2009 at 1:18:16 am

I think getting it back into the Universities would help raise awareness.
[Uni of Westmin switched over to FCP one year before I left - I was the last year to learn/use Media100, subsequent years learnt/used FCP instead - I should point out I was a journalism student, not video].

Only trouble is, since Avid and FCP are more widely used, students arguably need to know them moreso. That said, Media100 is a professional piece of kit.

Return to posts index

Andrew GoldenRe: Media 100 Suite v1 Released
by on Aug 6, 2009 at 7:50:18 pm

I'd also like to add a congratulations to the Media 100 team for a wonderful job keeping my favorite editing system going. The first system I learned editing on was a Media 100 3.5 system in high school. I've been using Media 100 for the last 12 years as much as I can since I haven't found a more streamlined editing atmosphere. Bought my first lowest end Media 100 system while in college in 2002. Now with the multicam features, I can stop using FCP for my projects that call for it and continue to use my favorite interface.

If you are a Media 100 user, you all know how intuitive the editing interface is and how it makes you look at things different than most editing systems. I wish they would get the word out there about this product more since so many people should be using it. If people actually spent some time thinking in the Media 100 style, they'll realize what they've been missing.

Andrew S. Golden
Illusion Media LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved