MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

1 Day Left....oooh! OoO!!!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Mehta1 Day Left....oooh! OoO!!!
by on Jul 30, 2009 at 3:20:12 pm

So, tomorrow being the last day of July, ....and Media100 V14 due in July...wha'-do-ya' reckon? A fanfare launch tomorrow? Giving us the weekend to download and excitably install it? Or an "Eeek! Snow Leopard tweaks set us back another month!" type press release, with a revised launch date?

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: 1 Day Left....oooh! OoO!!!
by on Jul 30, 2009 at 9:14:53 pm

Don't you have any projects on the go right now? I was always led to understand that you should 'clear the decks' before installing a new version, is that still true anyone?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: 1 Day Left....oooh! OoO!!!
by on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:23:36 pm

Don't you have any projects on the go right now? I was always led to understand that you should 'clear the decks' before installing a new version, is that still true anyone?

Professionally speaking, you're right.
^_^ But I'm not exactly in the middle of any video projects at the moment, and have nothing better to do with my time than eagerly anticipate the release of V14. =)

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: 1 Day Left....oooh! OoO!!!
by on Jul 31, 2009 at 9:19:45 pm

[Michael Slowe] "you should 'clear the decks' before installing a new version"

Absolutely. In fact we have one of our machines frozen in time, running an older version of M100 and older system because it has a complex 1 1/2 hour program which requires periodic changes. Income trumps the desire to update every time.

Our #1 machine is "14 Ready" because it has a separate boot drive where 14 can live while 13 does business on another boot drive. That said, past Media 100 upgrades have been smooth enough that making the jump hasn't been all that risky. So far. Hopefully.

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: 1 Day Left....oooh! OoO!!!
by on Jul 31, 2009 at 9:48:25 pm

Hey Andrew,

Guess which one it is?

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: 1 Day Left....oooh! OoO!!!
by on Jul 31, 2009 at 9:56:21 pm

Personally I'd rather have it solid than having it right away. (But that's just me.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]