MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Floh - What screen capture software did you use?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Taplin
Floh - What screen capture software did you use?
on Jul 28, 2009 at 2:25:09 pm

Hi Floh

Just watched your multicam editing tutorial - very nicely done - what capture software did you use and at what settings?

For those who have not seen it: http://borisfx.cachefly.net/media100/download_files/M100_Multicam_TUT_V5.mp...

Thanks

Andy

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Floh - What screen capture software did you use?
on Jul 29, 2009 at 8:51:02 am

Andy,

I still have to post the tutorial here to the Cow. Too much work right now…

I did capture in iShowU in 1920*1080 into Animation codec, and did the editing in 1080p. Then I downsized and reframed in AE. The voice recording and editing was done in Media 100 Suite, of course ;-)

Return to posts index

Andy Taplin
on Jul 29, 2009 at 9:18:32 am

Thanks Floh, so you did the first edit in M100 and then used AE for the zooms? I don't know what the editing tools are like in iShowU but they won't be as good as M100!

Must have been a huge Animation codec file - have you tried the Sheer codec? seems to give the same 'uncompressed' quality but half the size - I've not found any problems with it.

Andy

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jul 29, 2009 at 2:57:42 pm

[Andy Taplin] "Thanks Floh, so you did the first edit in M100 and then used AE for the zooms? I don't know what the editing tools are like in iShowU but they won't be as good as M100! "

Yes. iShowU is only a screen capture software

[Andy Taplin] "Must have been a huge Animation codec file - have you tried the Sheer codec? seems to give the same 'uncompressed' quality but half the size - I've not found any problems with it. "

Not tried Sheer ever. But animation can be edited natively, which is nice. Unfortunately the capture into ProRes did not work correctly, or I would have used that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]