MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HDV capture error in Ver13.0.3

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sven FordHDV capture error in Ver13.0.3
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 12:10:24 pm

I'm trying to acquire footage from a HDV, but in newer versions of Media100 it says that the tape is NTSC. This prevents me from acquiring the footage, even at low-res.
This problem only exists on the G5's I'm using, running Version 13.0.3 (the problem has existed in the last few releases also). There is however a G4 here running Media 100 ver8.2.3, which can acquire the video in SD with no errors, reading the tape as PAL.

I will soon have to reacquire the footage in HD to master with, so if anyone can provide any information about how to correct this error, or even why it is occurring i would be grateful

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: HDV capture error in Ver13.0.3
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 12:56:53 pm

I guess you are using FireWire input? And you have set your FireWire out of your deck/camera to DV (assuming that you want to acquire SD, since it is working with Media 100 i)?

Make sure that you set your FireWire in on your V13 system to SD FireWire In AFTER connecting your deck and turning it on. If you want to acquire in HD, make sure to set your deck/camera to HDV output over FireWire, and set your Media 100 to HD FireWire HDV.

What deck do you use? What format did you record in?

Return to posts index

Sue DalyRe: HDV capture error in Ver13.0.3
by on Mar 31, 2012 at 1:36:39 pm

Hi Floh,

I'm having problems capturing footage from my Sony FX1 via firewire and noticed this thread from some time ago. I too am getting the source as NTSC on the digitzing panel when I am using a PAL camera and in a PAL project. It won't allow me to digitize in any footage from this camera although yesterday it was fine and I haven't changed any settings. I've had this intermittant problem in the past and have been able to resolve it sometimes by shutting down the Mac and starting again. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. What am I doing wrong?? Answers if you have any in words suitable for a technical simpleton.

I'm using Media 100 suite 1.6.2.
Best regards,

Sue Daly

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved