MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

v8 to v13 upgrade issues

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
noah wightv8 to v13 upgrade issues
by on Jul 22, 2009 at 10:38:41 pm

So it took me quite a while to make the move but i upgraded from my old version 8 system to the new v13. Needless to say, it has not been a smooth transition. My main issue is the necessity to continue to straddle the sd/hd fence. I own a resort community television station which shares production facilities with the edit business. Production for both tends to include a mix of formats and aspects and the need for versatility was half the push for moving to v13. So my big issue is figuring out how to get dv, s-vid, component and composite in with the limited inputs available on the lhe i/o. I still have two v8 systems in motion but would rather figure out how to stay away from the extra step of the network shuffle. Most important is probably the firewire capture option for p2 or firestore use but i have my stock library on beta sp. Thanks in advance for the help.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: v8 to v13 upgrade issues
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 6:54:51 am

Not really sure what the question is here, but the LHe has all the inputs you need, as far as I can tell. I think you should get a video patchbay to make connecting the outputs of the different decks to the LHe inputs easier; but other than that you should be good to go with the LHeā€¦

Return to posts index

CJ MacPhersonRe: v8 to v13 upgrade issues
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 1:48:09 pm

Noah - if you are interested, I have a Kona LHe for sale in the classifieds - dated July 11.

Return to posts index

noah wightRe: v8 to v13 upgrade issues
by on Jul 23, 2009 at 2:21:21 pm

CJ- I have an LHE with the box. Thanks for the offer though.
Floh- That's really my question. I'm going from the old M100 breakout to the new LHE and need more inputs/outputs than are available. So, yes, a patchbay is what I need. I have a couple different options that will scratch the itch but thought I would see what other people were doing. Do you have a specific suggestion for a patchbay that will get me the inputs i need?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved