MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

P2 HD_Grey Blocks!!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim DowneyP2 HD_Grey Blocks!!
by on Jul 18, 2009 at 5:11:49 pm

I am trying to import DVCpro HD - P2 into Media 100 Producer. The clips import and play ok but have 4 large grey blocks on the image. I have tested the files by playing them in P2CMS (P2 Management) and there are no problems. It almost looks like something is locked within M100 or the codec!! The blocks are always the same no mater the import/preference settings and they remain in the same position throughout playback. This only seems to happen importing 1080i P2 clips. SD files import and look fine.
The DVCpro HD codec is grayed out in the project settings, but under the M100 Producer info tab the DVCpro HD codec has Yes next to it. Producer is installed on a intel Macbook Pro and I do not have FCP on the machine. Please see uploaded image attached

Link: p2_blocks.jpg

Any help would be great - Cheers.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: P2 HD_Grey Blocks!!
by on Jul 18, 2009 at 5:30:18 pm

What version of Media 100 Producer, and what MacOS and QuickTime version do you use? And is there a way to upload an example file to a server somewhere?

Return to posts index

Jim DowneyRe: P2 HD_Grey Blocks!!
by on Jul 19, 2009 at 1:44:11 pm

Hi Floh -
Running Producer V 13.0.3 on 15" Intel Macbook Pro w/ OS X 10.5.6 and Quicktime Pro 7.6.0 (1291).
The test footage is recorded from a Panasonic AG-HPX502 camera to a FS100 drive @ 1080i/25p
I have also recorded some 1080/50i with the same results. The FS100 is set to DVCproHD / P2.
I have also recorded the footage onto P2 cards with the same end results.
The footage looks and plays fine within the Panasonic Management software on the same computer, but imports into Producer with the blocks and stretched aspect ratio.
I have placed the P2 test file in a .zip @ the following ftp site for u:

FTP Username:
Password: bvc
FTP Server:
FTP Server Port: 21

Thanks heaps for your time on this Floh.

Return to posts index

Jim DowneyRe: P2 HD_Grey Blocks!!
by on Jul 19, 2009 at 2:59:23 pm

Hi Floh -
I have found that the problem lies with the DVCpro codec. I had recently installed Calibrated Decode for mac which needs to be registered! The blocks are from this app. I had assumed that the Panasonic P2 manager would have placed the codec within quicktime, but no. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Sean McCulleyRe: P2 HD_Grey Blocks!!
by on Nov 14, 2009 at 5:48:54 pm

Can you clarify? Was the answer to getting rid of the gray bars - installing Calibrated Decode - or is there a codec in Panasonic P2 manager?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved