MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

effects dropped on export?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian johnstoneffects dropped on export?
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 2:13:12 pm

I have a series of clips that I used the color "choke" effect on. This effect can give your shots a warm, organic almost film-like quality. The problem: working in a relatively tapeless environment, I have to create a self-containted movie and network it over to the main computer to be edited into our show. Everytime I do this however, this "choke" effect is somehow taken away - leaving the clips without any effects at all. This happens on both our producer version as well as our hardware system. Any thoughts???
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jim WiglerThis was the reason I switched to FCP for good.
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 4:12:15 pm

It was this very problem that led me to give up on Media 100. Actually, the more I work in Final Cut Pro, the more I realize exactly how deficient Media 100 is. Good grief, even simple DISSOLVES TO BLACK had glitches in them (sudden squishing of about two pixels). Sometimes I even had to record to tape and re-digitize just to get a piece out of Media 100. Am I going to PAY for support on these simple issues, NO!

I actually don't care what people on this forum think about me. Over the years I have spent thousands of dollars on Media 100 and Boris FX, and I get a sick feeling in my stomach every-time I call over there to even UPGRADE.

No more!

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: This was the reason I switched to FCP for good.
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 4:30:46 pm

Jim,

I guess most users know that Media 100 is not perfect, but neither is Final Cut or Avid or Premiere or any other NLE (or even any other software designed by humans). So I think your last comments here in this forum are not really very helpful.
It would be nice if your next comments on threads here would be a little bit more focused on solving the actual problems people are having, instead of just saying negative things about Media 100…

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: effects dropped on export?
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 4:22:21 pm

Brian,

what software version do you use? Exporting ColorFX into self contained files works fine for me in V13.0.3 and 13.0.4 (although I am not sure what you mean by "choke" effect).

Return to posts index

brian johnstonRe: effects dropped on export?
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 5:32:03 pm

using 13.0.3 for producer and hardward versions. You can access this "choke" effect by clicking on a clip. In the edit suite click "edit." From the menu, go to "filters." "colors and blurs" then choose "BCC color choker."

Play around with it ... like I said, you can get a nice effect from it.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: effects dropped on export?
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 5:49:09 pm

Hmmm, tried it, and the effect exported correctly on V13.0.3 when placing it on a clip on a timeline and exporting the timeline as self contained.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: effects dropped on export?
by on Jul 10, 2009 at 9:52:05 pm

Why is Jim Wigler even reading this forum if he "feels sick" even thinking about Media 100. I for one, would not contemplate moving over to FCP, it may do more that's true but there are also so many disadvantages. Jim, your contributions are not helping anyone and, speaking personally, make me feel "a bit sick".

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]