MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 to FCP

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ralph conradtM100 to FCP
by on Jul 9, 2009 at 4:02:31 am

I decided to do a work around with an on line editor who only works in FCP. I tried to tell him that FCP was a decent product put out by a huge multi national company that is interested in selling computers. If he really wanted to work in the big time he needed to learn Avid and that learning M100 would be a good step in that direction. (Or Premiere for that matter) The way FCP does dissolves and other effects clearly illustrates that the product was designed by a computer person rather than a film maker.
WHat I did was provide him with QT movs of all the bins and of the off line program that I created. All seems to be ok although sometimes it gets frustrating trying to tell him where a clip is since he has no TC or BIN info to go by, but the biggest concern I have is this. WHen I import the self contained QT movs that I exported from Edit Suite I think the quality sucks. He says when he imports the QT files into FCP6 he says the quality is great. WHY? Does he not have as critical an eye as me. I do know that in the past I when burning DVDs I would export a self contained mov from M100 and then import into FCP and when I burned the DVD from FCP it looked better than the Media 100 QT file to Toast. Is the FCP 6 codec doing something to enhance the QT file I sent him?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: M100 to FCP
by on Jul 9, 2009 at 12:46:19 pm

[ralph conradt] "WHen I import the self contained QT movs that I exported from Edit Suite I think the quality sucks."

You mean you export your clips from Media 100, and reimport it again into Media 100, and the quality is bad? What do you mean by bad quality? Missing fields? Not enough or too much contrast? Compression artifacts? Pixelation? Usually when you do a self-contained export and reimport the same clip back into Media 100 the quality should be equal to your original clip…

Return to posts index

ralph conradtRe: M100 to FCP
by on Jul 9, 2009 at 5:29:32 pm

hi contrast. Poor chroma. I would have thought that it should be the same cause it is just decoding what was encoded. Not really a problem cause I would not do that. I can try it again with a differnt MOV and see if I get the same results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved