MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 to Flash

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim brodieMedia 100 to Flash
by on Jul 3, 2009 at 1:09:16 am

Hi Folks,

What is the best way to output from the M100 to produce a Flash file in Sorenson Squeeze? I was thinking that 422HQ with 0-235 black levels would be best or to use the Animation codec. What are others best experiences?

Also, anyone got any cool preset Boris transitions they have created that they might want to sell? I'm more of a producer/editor than a graphics person so Boris effects often leaves me a little cross-eyed.
I've got the latest version of Media100 13.03.

Any feedback would be most appreciated!

Cheers,

Jim B

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: Media 100 to Flash
by on Jul 3, 2009 at 1:18:05 am

I just export by reference. And then I set up filters in Squeeze to correct brightness and gamma. I also use a normalize audio setting.

Exporting by ref saves a lot of time only titles and effects need to be rendered. And it works great in Squeeze, Bitvice or Compressor. And it saves Disc space.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

jim brodieRe: Media 100 to Flash
by on Jul 3, 2009 at 11:08:40 am

Olof,

Thank you for your response. Could you share your settings for the Sorenson filter? It would be most appreciated!

Cheers,

Jim

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: Media 100 to Flash
by on Jul 3, 2009 at 2:32:35 pm

Basically.
Add +5 brightness, to make brighter on PC's.
Do crop to 15% all sides.
De-interlace if orig is interlaced.
Normalize Audio to 98.
You may want to play with gamma depending on material.

Most people will probably view on a PC so that is why I brighten it a bit. They use different gamma.

The best thing is to do some tests on different computers. If it is only for Mac and it looks good in viewer then you can compress as is, just do interlace and normalize.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]