MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 Producer iPhone 3GS import settings

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael SidoricM100 Producer iPhone 3GS import settings
by on Jun 29, 2009 at 1:42:33 am

Anyone have suggestions on the correct settings to import clips from iPhone 3GS?
I've tried usual settings in Media 100 v12.7 -- and nothing has resulted in a full 4:3 aspect ratio.
Had no trouble in Final Cut -- but much prefer to cut in M100.
Thanks in advance for the kind help!

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: M100 Producer iPhone 3GS import settings
by on Jun 29, 2009 at 3:17:53 am

I'd like to get some of your footage so I can give it a try and hand it off to my engineers if it's not something simple.

We're not complete luddites, we DO have a couple of the new phones in-house, but I'm already in touch with you and I won't have to steal the Finance manager's phone ;-)

Send me an email at with my name in the subject line so I can get in touch with you.

~ Wick

Return to posts index

Jeff GlasseRe: M100 Producer iPhone 3GS import settings
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 3:13:34 pm

I'd love to hear your experiences. We're having audio drift issues with video from the 3Gs. We find that a 30 minute clip plays just fine in Quicktime player with perfectly synced audio, but when brought into final cut pro the clip has several seconds of drift over thirty minutes. This is before it's ever placed into a timeline, and the issue persists even if we transcode to prores 4:4:4 or any other codec. The clip is also imported upside-down, despite being right-side up in quicktime player and imovie. Issue duplicated in FCP 6 and 7.

Any attempts to transcode in FCP or compressor have led to the same drift problem.

Any insight greatly appreciated; everyone in our shop is stumped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved