MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

48k audio errors all of a sudden

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Crews
48k audio errors all of a sudden
on Jun 29, 2009 at 12:06:34 am

I've been using 48k audio input for years on my M100HD system, but just upgraded some things and now the recorded audio (voice overs) is overlapping and severely jumping around - obviously a data rate issue. Sure enough, when I reset the inputs to 44,1k it records fine. I was operating on Tiger, but had upgraded my QuickTime.

Now, I've upgraded my entire system to M100HD v.13 and Leopard OS.
I thought a thorough upgrade like that would likely solve my data rate problem, but it didn't -- still there.
Any ideas?? Thanks.

System: G5; 2x3 Ghz Intel; 8 GB ram; Mac OS 10.5.7; Media100 v.13.0.3; QT v. 7.6.2

David

David P. Crews
CrewsCreative
Post Production - Motion Graphics - Original Music
http://www.CrewsCreative.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: 48k audio errors all of a sudden
on Jun 29, 2009 at 8:30:27 am

David,

there is a problem with QuickTime 7.6.2 (once again) with Media 100. The QuickTime engineers are very good at breaking other peoples workflows. I think there will be an update to fix that from Media 100 soon. Right now you either can get in touch with Wick or downgrade to QuickTime 7.6 in case you have the installer still somewhere.

Return to posts index

David Crews
on Jun 30, 2009 at 1:00:14 am

Thanks, Floh,

It looks like I'm dead for recording mic audio until I get that fix from M100. I tried all my datarate settings and they ALL record bad now, not only 48k. Yikes.
Incoming audio files are OK, I just can't record (acquire) audio through the system.
I'll email Wick and see if he knows anything. Thanks.

David

David P. Crews
CrewsCreative

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
on Jun 30, 2009 at 3:13:35 pm

Hi guys. David- I'm running the same software versions that you are, on two different systems, (PPC and Intel) and I am not experiencing any audio problems with Quicktime 7.6.2. Out of curiosity, how are you acquiring your vo's?

GM

Return to posts index

David Crews
on Jul 1, 2009 at 12:36:31 am

Thanks for the responses.
Gregg, I'm just acquiring voice over tracks using analog mic inputs into the AJA box from my mixer.

Wick gave me some ideas, and I just now had a chance to go test my system again. Must be the magic in the air, because without changing anything, my test recordings are now all perfectly FINE, wouldn't you know. Tried one at 48k, and at 44.1k and both are just as smooth as baby powder.

According to Wick, it may have been an anomaly where I needed to simply open up the AJA control panel and click on some things there and then close it back up without changing anything. Sometimes that will clear the system and all is well. I did that, so perhaps that is what corrected the problem this time.

Hopefully, that took care of it all and I won't be back here beseeching you guys and gals for help again! :D
Thanks again for the insights and attention.

David

David P. Crews
CrewsCreative

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Jul 1, 2009 at 1:35:40 am

or... it COULD be the "Fonzie Effect", an unprovable yet well-known phenomenon in Tech Support circles.

Remember how Fonzie used to "fix" the jukebox by blowing on his fist and hitting it? I'm not saying that Wick = Fonzie but... it's working now isn't it?

Return to posts index

David Crews
on Jul 1, 2009 at 1:45:40 am

Ha!
I just hope this isn't what we old video/TV guys called the "Engineer Effect", where the (insert your tech problem here) goes away while the engineer looks at it and then promptly resumes once the engineer leaves the area! Anyway, now I get to trade my audio problem for a video input/output one. Can't get the system to see my Beta deck or output video to my monitor. . . sigh.

David

David P. Crews
CrewsCreative

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]