MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

I/O cards

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CJ MacPhersonI/O cards
by on Jun 25, 2009 at 2:05:46 am

This may be a dumb question, but I've got to ask......
I have Media 100 HDe 12.7.1 - I have the Kona LHe card with 5.1 NDD driver (OSX 10.5.7, QT 7.6.2). If I take out the Kona board, do I still have Media 100 as software, or are they tied together? I am considering a Matrox MXO2 in place of the Kona as I like the portability factor between laptop and desktops, and the HDMI I/O. I also want to hold off updating M100 until the next release (v 14?). Thank you!

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: I/O cards
by on Jun 25, 2009 at 3:18:12 pm

[CJ MacPherson] "If I take out the Kona board, do I still have Media 100 as software, or are they tied together?"

Currently not. Right now the encryption code of the software is tied to the board. This way you currently can move the board to a new CPU and continue working with your encryption code.

With V14 (or Media 100 Suite, as it is named as far as I understand), the software will be locked to a CPU, so that you will be flexible with the hardware (or with using the software without hardware) then. License the software to a machine, and use it with any hardware you want. The advantage is that you of course then can (e.g. on a Laptop) decide if you want to work with hardware (in the office) or without (on the road). But it gets more complicated to move the software license to a new machineā€¦

Guess you cannot have a perfect solutionā€¦

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: I/O cards
by on Jun 25, 2009 at 3:47:14 pm

CJ,

I think Floh's being a bit conservative in his answer 'cause he doesn't want to step out of bounds and speak directly for the company.

You should definitely give our Sales department a call at 800-922-3220. They can explain to you exactly how your situation will work under Media 100 Suite.

~Wick

Return to posts index

CJ MacPhersonRe: I/O cards
by on Jun 25, 2009 at 4:41:14 pm

Thank you both. I have M100 & Premiere Pro CS4 on the Mac Pro that I use. Then we have Avid and Final Cut on two other Macs, and Avid and Final Cut on a powerbook (for on the road). It would be convenient to have the Matrox to use on all Macs. I will get in touch with sales.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]