MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 bin to FCP

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ralph conradt
M100 bin to FCP
on Jun 19, 2009 at 6:29:12 pm

The editor I like works only in FCP. He would like to re-capture all the media in the project. I know the program XML file can be brought to FCP but M100 support tells me FCP does not recognize M100 bin info.
Is there a workaround?
Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: M100 bin to FCP
on Jun 19, 2009 at 7:03:25 pm

Hi Ralph,

I've done this before myself, and I just double-checked it before writing this reply.

1 - Drag and drop all your clips from a M100 Bin into a M100 Program.
2 - Export that Program to XML.
3 - Bring the XML into FCP.
4 - Open the resulting Sequence in FCP.
5 - Drag and drop all the clips from the FCP Sequence to a FCP Bin.

As workarounds go, it's extremely painless.

Return to posts index

ralph conradt
on Jun 19, 2009 at 7:10:46 pm

thanks. I was just about to do something like that cause I need to figure out the disk space. FCP tells you the time in each bin. Can't find such a command in M100 user gyuuide so was going to drag all the bins to a timeline.

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Jun 19, 2009 at 8:38:19 pm

you can run a script that comes with M100 that is called something like "sum of bin durations" which will give you the combined length of all the clips in any bin. Is that what you are trying to do?

Return to posts index

ralph conradt
on Jun 19, 2009 at 8:36:01 pm

Yes, sum of bin duration is exactly what I want however I have never done any "script" work.
I just dragged the 20 bins to a timeline and added them all up manually. Took me a while but probably a lot less time than trying to learn teh script.
Thanks for the thought tho

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Jun 19, 2009 at 10:51:45 pm

Ralph,

That's the beauty of this script...you don't have to write it. If you have your bin selected and just go to the script icon pulldown menu and select that script a dialog box will pop up and tell you the duration of clips in that bin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]