MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Timecode export

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug CalhounTimecode export
by on Jun 18, 2009 at 7:13:19 pm

I've searched and found a thread from 3/08 stating it would be coming in the next couple releases but still no...

Does anyone have a workaround for exporting timecode burns out of M100 for DVD approval? Having to master, digitize, encode, burn and ship....

Any help appreciated,

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Timecode export
by on Jun 18, 2009 at 9:05:34 pm

Actually the next release will allow exports with TC superimposed in the image. Currently you e.g. can add a Tc overlay in Compressor, or create a TC overlay clip for use with Media100 exports in AE or Red (render it out with alpha once and overlay it in a V track).

Return to posts index

Doug CalhounRe: Timecode export
by on Jun 18, 2009 at 9:16:27 pm

Thanks Floh, I'll see if I can set up an overlay in Compressor. I appreciate your input.

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Timecode export
by on Jun 18, 2009 at 10:33:01 pm

I have a DVD recorder that I use for client approval purposes. They're relatively cheap these days. I use the analogue signal looped through my CRT monitor to feed the recorder, and then just play the timeline with the TC displayed. The audio is from an output on my Mackie mixer. The picture quality is obviously not as good as it could be, but for client approval purposes it works for me... quick and easy.

This is me - this is what I do -

Return to posts index

Fermin BrangerRe: Timecode export
by on Jun 19, 2009 at 12:58:10 am

Hi Doug,
You can export your PGM to XML and open it in Final Cut. Ther you can sellect Time Code Generator in Video Filters, an then export a Qtm movie or playback to some deck or DVD recorder

Fermin Branger
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved