MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

importing audio files into HDe

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murray Ferguson
importing audio files into HDe
on Jun 11, 2009 at 4:20:59 am

My HDe has developed a problem with importing audio files. I've been through the settings dozens of times and can't figure it out. I can import a music file from a CD into a bin and place it into the timeline and it plays perfectly. I can master it out, no problem. But when I attempt to export the audio tracks to omf, the omf utility crashes. Delete the file and it works perfectly. My workaround has been to export the music tracks to AIFF tracks but I'd love to know what's going on. I've also developed another issue with trying to relink a stereo audio clip after unlinking it. M100 just crashes. It's never done any of this before. Both issues appeared after a failed attempt to digitize some HDV material off a camera via firewire. I've trashed preferences to no avail. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

Murray Ferguson
Re: importing audio files into HDe
on Jun 11, 2009 at 4:30:55 am

I should have added I'm on version 13.0.2. QT 7.6. Thanks

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jun 11, 2009 at 10:43:13 am

Maybe you have a corrupted drive. You should run DiskUtility from the Applications->Utilities folder to check your media and system drives. Haven´t used the OMF tool lately, so I am not sure if there may be a bug in it.

One thing you could try is to rename the actual music file before importing it. One guess is that the audio track name contains too many characters, which could confuse the OMF tool. But it just is a guess.

You also could copy the content of the CrashReport into a text document and send it to Media 100 support to see what they say about this.

Return to posts index

Murray Ferguson
on Jun 11, 2009 at 11:16:39 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply Floh.
Disk utility says everything is fine with the drives
The length of the file name appears not to be the problem. It happens with any music file.
Have sent the crash report to support, re the relinking files. It now happens occasionally when relinking the video and audio of a clip.
I'm wondering if I should do a reinstall of 13.0.2. If I do this, do I uninstall first, and how is this done. Do I simply trash it. Can't see an uninstall utility anywhere. Should I trash the Kona stuff as well before reinstalling. Sorry about the barrage of questions. Thanks

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jun 12, 2009 at 6:28:22 am

[Murray Ferguson] "I'm wondering if I should do a reinstall of 13.0.2. If I do this, do I uninstall first, and how is this done. "

You could try it, but I don´t think it will change much. But maybe worth a try. You can uninstall via the Media 100 installer that you are using to install the software. It has an uninstall option. And if you are at it, I would reinstall the Kona software also.
Did you install anything else lately on the system? New codecs or something that could cause this problem?

Return to posts index

Murray Ferguson
on Jun 12, 2009 at 7:43:02 am

Thanks Floh. Not sure if I'll try it yet. None of it really stops me working at the moment. I just don't relink clips when I unlink them. And I don't have to send off any OMF's to a mix for about 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe version 14 will come along by then. I think I invoked Murphy's law by praising 13.0.2.
The thing that seemed to start this was an attempt to ingest some HDV material off a sony camera via firewire, at what was I thought at DVCam quality. I digitized a couple of short clips just to see if it worked ok, and it seemed to work fine.The next morning when I went to continue, all hell broke loose. M100 knew what the camera was, but there seemed to be a sync problem and it wouldn't allow me to access the camera. All the buttons yellowed out. Also it was telling me it was getting an NTSC signal. When I checked the input settings, some of them had changed to NTSC. I trashed prefs and changed everything back to my Pal settings but these issues arose. I gave up and dubbed the HDV to my XD deck and all's good, apart from those two issues. Bit of a saga I know, but maybe it'll trigger an idea somewhere. Thanks so much for your time.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jun 11, 2009 at 9:56:57 am

Although I haven't had your problem with importing I do have a 'crashing' problem when I try to re link (sync) an audio clip with video when the audio has been dropped down to a lower track. Never had this before I went to version 13 PPC (HDx Board).

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Jun 17, 2009 at 6:53:09 am

Yes. I have this problem also Michael. It's really annoying. I have to shuffle tracks around to make sure any track(s) I re-sync are on trks A1&2 otherwise the whole thing crashes.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]