MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 to Avid?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenton VanNattenM100 to Avid?
by on Jun 5, 2009 at 6:41:39 pm

I'm working at a client site and they have a few old Media 100 systems here. All of their work was previously done in M100, but last July they switched over to MC connected to Unity.

There are a handful of projects that are recurring for them that exist in the M100 and they are wanting to move them over to the Avid for all future work. Currently, they have been just doing a playout-capture via SDI out of the M100 into MC, but of course, this results in a "flattened sequence".

I'm looking for suggestions on other ways to get Sequences and clips out of M100 and into an editable format for MC. EDL's are not an option because of the sheer volume of footage that would need to be re-digitized. They have looked into AutoDuck, but there is no M100 option.

I thought exporting as an OMF would give the sequences with cuts and media, but alas in the M100 it is audio only.

I'm not familiar with M100 at all so I'm at a bit of a loss for understanding what might be possible or not. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Kenton VanNatten
Avid Editor (for hire)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved