MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Loss of video sync when digitizing in ver 8.2

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert L. KopfLoss of video sync when digitizing in ver 8.2
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 12:48:52 am

I've been successfully digitizing Beta SP footage into my old Media 100i machine for a long time. But I was just trying to digitize some VHS tapes using a Sony SVO-5800 S-VHS machine, and was unable to do it. It would work for a while then say that there had been a temporary loss of video sync. I tried different tapes, different SVO-5800 machines, both S-Video and composite, etc. But I got the same message. Also I occasionally got a message saying that PAL video had been detected, then back to NTSC. This would happen especially during rewinds or fast forward operations. Do I need to do something different in the way of connections than when I'm doing when digitizing component?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Loss of video sync when digitizing in ver 8.2
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 7:08:19 am

VHS decks usually do not provide a stable video signal. You probably need to run the signal through a TBC.

Return to posts index

Robert L. KopfRe: Loss of video sync when digitizing in ver 8.2
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 12:18:41 pm

Really? This is coming from a Sony SVO-5800, which is an expensive, professional edit deck. It has a built in TBC. Maybe the Media 100 card is flaking out. Do you know whether or not there's any repair service available for P6000 or older cards, or whether or not I can substitute another one (any copy protection thing I need to worry about)?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Loss of video sync when digitizing in ver 8.2
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 12:26:34 pm

[Robert L. Kopf] " It has a built in TBC"

Then you donĀ“t need an external TBC.

Return to posts index

Robert L. KopfRe: Loss of video sync when digitizing in ver 8.2
by on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:07:01 pm

Well, yeah. So do you know whether or not I can get my P6000 fixed, replace it with another one or have any other solution? I just noticed that it doesn't show any audio coming in now, even though I see audio on the deck's meters. So it's probably the P6000 card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]