MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

batch reacquire audio problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murray Fergusonbatch reacquire audio problem
by on May 28, 2009 at 11:58:24 pm

I might be missing something here but while digitizing material I accidentally changed the audio input settings from 48,000hz to 44,100hz while playing around with another project. I then proceeded to digitize stuff at the wrong rate. I figured I'd be able to just batch reacquire the wrong clips at the correct 48,000hz rate. All the settings say i'm doing this but they remain at the wrong rate. any ideas anyone?
I'm on version 13.0.2

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: batch reacquire audio problem
by on May 29, 2009 at 3:06:44 am

You can 'force re-acquire' the audio at the new sample rate as follows:

- Ensure that the audio settings are as you want them to be.

- Select the clips you want to re-acquire.

- Hold down Option+Command as you choose "Batch Re-Acquire Selected" from the Media menu.

- Continue holding the keys until you see the message that you've chosen to re-acquire using the current settings.

- Then continue on to the Batch Acquire window.

That oughta do it.

BTW - Option+Command is for audio. Shift+Control is for video. Hold down all four when you want to change both video AND audio.

Return to posts index

Murray FergusonRe: batch reacquire audio problem
by on May 29, 2009 at 4:50:04 am

That's great thanks Wick. Wish I'd know that earlier. Is that info in the user guide? Anyway it worked so thanks for the prompt reply. It's a shame we only tend to post when we have a problem, which must be a bit discouraging for you guys. So I must say how incredibly happy I am with version 13 ( along with most of the earlier versions also) Keep up the great work, this is a brilliant system and it just keeps getting better

Return to posts index

David CrewsRe: batch reacquire audio problem
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 1:54:52 am

I'm trying to do this, too, but when selecting any clip or clips and holding OPT/CMD and going into the Batch Reacquire Selected menu, absolutely nothing shows up in either of the two fields of my Batch Reacquire window. I read on another thread that items won't show up here unless they match the current settings, and I tried resetting to 44100 to see, but still nothing in the fields. Also, that would seem to defeat the purpose of being able to force a reformat.
If I select any media clip in any bin, it should show up (at least) in the Batch Reacquire windows, shouldn't it?
I'm working with voice tracks I accidentally Acquired using the lower data rate.
Thanks!

David

David P. Crews
CrewsCreative
Post Production - Motion Graphics - Original Music
http://www.CrewsCreative.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: batch reacquire audio problem
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 7:11:09 am

[David Crews] "If I select any media clip in any bin, it should show up (at least) in the Batch Reacquire windows, shouldn't it?
I'm working with voice tracks I accidentally Acquired using the lower data rate. "

Usually a good test is to enable the "error display" in the batch reacquire window. In the middle row of the batch reacquire window there is a yellow triangle (next to the "19" in the image).

Click it to see if your clips show up with Std. Mismatch. If yes, this means that some settings are not right and you are therefore not able to reacquire them. This should be fixed by entering the reacquire window while pressing CMD-Option or CTRL-Shift (or all of them), depending on if this is an audio or video mismatch.
Other reasons for clips not showing up could be that they were not acquired from tape, or without a deck control, for example.

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: batch reacquire audio problem
by on Jan 11, 2010 at 3:12:54 pm

Another detail to watch for...

- Continue holding the keys until you see the message that you've chosen to re-acquire using the current settings.

To be clear...
1 - Ensure your settings are the way you want them. Even if you're only doing audio, be sure your video standard is correct as audio clips have an "awareness" of the video standard.

2 - Select the clips to be re-acquired.

3 - Hold down the key combo (Shift+Control for Video, Option+Command for Audio, all 4 keys for both Video and Audio)

4 - While holding the keys, choose Batch Reacquire Selected from the Media menu.

5 - Continue holding the keys until you see the message that you've chosen to re-acquire using the current settings.

If this still doesn't help, put the clips to be reacquired in a new bin and put that bin in List View. Then take a look at the columns (turn on more if needed in View menu > View Settings. See if you can see what the property on the clips is that is conflicting with your current settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]