MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Ordering Disk Warrior

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bill pageOrdering Disk Warrior
by on May 28, 2009 at 6:38:05 pm

OK, it's Bill Page again, still having the issues with M100 not linking up with external media files and the Program Timeline and bins are missing media/data.

I am taking the advice and have JUST ordered Disk Warrior. I had contacted M100 Tech Support, and they were great in trying to help me, but to no avail.

Just for the record, my system is MAC G3 OS9.1, M100 5.5, P60000 Board, 3 external SCSI drives. It had become very slow in opening and performing tasks, crashing more that usual.....on two of the 3 drives the icons changed to generic ones after in the last crash, desktop icons were the same, lost on Timeline, etc...

I will let all know what the outcome is....3 years of work on one timeline here.....

Return to posts index

Christopher KinsmanRe: Ordering Disk Warrior
by on May 29, 2009 at 7:38:32 am

It's worked miracles for me Bill. You won't regret the purchase. DW saved my butt on a network show when about 1TB of footage suddenly went offline. Best of luck

Kind Regards,

Chris K.

Return to posts index

bill pageRe: Ordering Disk Warrior
by on May 29, 2009 at 2:35:06 pm

Thanks, Chris......did you back up those files before using Disk Warrior?

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: Ordering Disk Warrior
by on May 30, 2009 at 1:43:37 am

It never hurts to back up, DW even tells you this.

So if you can back up.

I have used DW hundreds of times on my computers and others in trouble. And I have never had DW destroy files.

DW rebuilds the main and sub directories, lets you preview new version of disk alongside old version, before you replace directories.

Sometimes you have to run DW more than once for complete fix.

Good luck.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved