MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XDCAM import from backup

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken SlaterXDCAM import from backup
by on May 22, 2009 at 12:44:16 am

I need to transfer media in the field from the EX3 flash memory to a hard drive in order to re-use the flash cards.

When I test this I cannot import the media into the Media 100 from the hard drive. The Sony Transfer software does not recognize the media on the hard drive like it does directly from the camera.

Is there a way to do this - or a workaround?

Thanks for your help!

Ken in LA

Return to posts index

Felix HalterRe: XDCAM import from backup
by on May 22, 2009 at 4:57:53 am

One reason could be the naming of the main folder where you keep all your subfolders for the BPAVs. I had the following setup: Main folder "BPAV", then the subfolders like BPAV Alaska, BPAV Else, and in these subfolders I put the BPAVs from the SxS cards ( just transferred them in the finder). And this setup did not work, Transfer tool did not recognize the BPAVs.
But when I renamed the main folder to "BPAV folder" (instead of only BPAV) it works fine now and recognizes all the clips.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: XDCAM import from backup
by on May 22, 2009 at 9:34:10 am

I don't even have a master BPAV folder. I open a folder for each card and provided that my label starts BPAV I can put whatever I want after that for identification purposes. What must happen is that you take the complete BPAV folder from the card and there can be nothing written before 'BPAV'.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: XDCAM import from backup
by on May 22, 2009 at 2:58:13 pm

Have you got the latest version (2.9) of XDCAM Transfer?

It's at the top of the list here:

It looks to me as though the last couple of updates by Sony have addressed things like this. Either way, I'm using v2.9 with no problems, so it shouldn't hurt.

btw - this link may "go bad" in the future. Sony has a way of moving this one around from time to time.

Return to posts index

Ken SlaterRe: XDCAM import from backup
by on May 22, 2009 at 5:30:08 pm

Thanks guys for your help about the BPAV - but Version 2.9 totally solved it and individual clips can be moved without a BPAV folder if necessary! I can now move XDCAM clips to any backup drive and read and import them.

Maybe Media 100 should update their tutorial since it is pretty adamant about loading 2.7.

Thanks for your help Wick!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved