MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

files not loading into M100 HELP

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bill pagefiles not loading into M100 HELP
by on May 21, 2009 at 6:28:22 pm

The digital files on my two external scsi drives stopped loading onto my programs...The drives are turning but the files on the drives look like white plain sheets of paper.
I can drag a file from an opened drive into a new bin,click the file and it opens, the image in the clip returns, but that file in the hard drive remains plain/blank.

What is happening and how can I get the files back online.....

Thanks so much...I've 3 years of work here.......Bill Page

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: files not loading into M100 HELP
by on May 21, 2009 at 6:36:33 pm

You DID make backups, right? Harddrives are so cheap these days…

Not sure what happened there. Did you install anything new, any updates? What happens if you open a timeline that tries to access the media files? Will it try to relink to the media files? Does it find files when trying to relink?

My guess is that something is wrong with the directory structure of your drive. My first step would be to run DiskWarrior on the drive to see what it says. Most time with directory problems it can rebuild your drive. Maybe some files are damaged, but probably chances are good that you get back everything. On the other hand, if it is a hardware problem, it could be worse.

Return to posts index

bill pageRe: files not loading into M100 HELP
by on May 21, 2009 at 7:03:17 pm

Hi Floh:
Some backups but not complete....thousands of items at stake here.

In the program timeline window, the files names appear italized as they do in the bin windows. My system has been very slow lately and crashing with the message sometimes reading not enough memory.
For one program, I had many hugh bins opened at the same time. After this happened, I closed all windows, restarted opening on the timeline, but files still not uploading.

In the M100 preferences dialogue box, the relink box is marked, but still nothing.

these are fairly new drives.....dont understand why I can drag a file from an opened drive into a new bin, click it and it opens......

Help.....thanks.......bill P

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: files not loading into M100 HELP
by on May 21, 2009 at 7:04:39 pm

Another idea to consider is to back them up BEFORE you try to fix things. It seems that the media files still work OK, so you may want to copy them for safe keeping before going any further.

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: files not loading into M100 HELP
by on May 22, 2009 at 2:06:26 am

I would back up all the files onto other drives.

Then I would use Disc Warrior to see if there are problems with your drive/raid.

Let DW rebuild directories, sometimes you have to try 2 or 3 times.

Good luck, I have done this fix a few times when things looked very bleak, and it worked.

And from now on Back up as much as possible.

Worst case, can you recapture media?

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved