MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 won't import EPS files

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason RogersonMedia 100 won't import EPS files
by on May 20, 2009 at 1:50:19 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to import eps files into Media 100. I select EPS file in the drop down import menu, but when it imports it is not visible. I seem to be able to scale it, based upon the edges of the box, but the image is not showing up. Is there something I don't have switched on in my preferences or some other logical reason this is not working??

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 won't import EPS files
by on May 20, 2009 at 4:29:32 pm

Not sure why it does not work, but I would suggest converting the EPS to e.g. PSD or JPEG in the correct resolution and aspect ratio for your project before importing.

Return to posts index

Jason RogersonRe: Media 100 won't import EPS files
by on May 20, 2009 at 5:09:41 pm

Yeah, me neither. But converting it to a psd or jpg seems to work fine. However, I wonder if the image would be crisper if I could import the EPS since it's vector based. It looks pretty good as a psd though.

Thanks Floh.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 won't import EPS files
by on May 20, 2009 at 5:11:15 pm

[Jason Rogerson] " I wonder if the image would be crisper if I could import the EPS since it's vector based."

If you prepare the PSD in the right dimensions it will be as crisp as a EPS, since as soon as the file gets imported into the system it gets converted to a pixel-based format anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]