MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Deinterlacing BetaSP in Media100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason RogersonDeinterlacing BetaSP in Media100
by on May 1, 2009 at 5:22:53 pm

I shoot in Beta-SP and edit in Media 100. I understand that Beta-SP is a natively interlaced format. When I export video from Media 100 as a Quicktime, I click deinterlace video, however I always seem to get a result that appears to be interlaced. Basically, I can't seem to export deinterlaced video form this tape format. Is there a step I'm missing, something I haven't clicked? Any info would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Fermin BrangerRe: Deinterlacing BetaSP in Media100
by on May 1, 2009 at 8:01:36 pm

Hi Jason,
It depends on what are your final product needs.

Are you using the "Progressive" selection in the "field dominance" sub-menu?

I ussually use After effects (field render off), or DVFilm MAKER (if I want to convert the movie in 24P), or JES DEINTERLACER (it's so good and it's free√)

Fermin Branger
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

Jason RogersonRe: Deinterlacing BetaSP in Media100
by on May 6, 2009 at 5:17:51 pm

Hey Fermin,

Thanks for the advice.

Yes, I do use the progressive selection in the field dominance sub-menu. I select computer in the color range sub-menu. Then under Quicktime movie options I select none for compression, frame rate of 29.97, best quality for compressor and encoding, with automatic data rate selected. Under export size settings, I select 640 X 480 VGA and select deinterlace source video.

Some of the video I am preparing is destined for online. And sometimes it needs to be projected. Basically, I am trying to figure out how to produce a deinterlaced video using Media 100 edited video. I have After Effects, but I find when I either export the video by reference or make a Quicktime to import into After Effects, I am still getting interlaced results. I guess because I cannot get it to export from Media 100 without being interlaced. Maybe I'm not clicking exactly what I should when I export it. Seems like something Media 100 should be able to do, with deinterlace source video and progressive field dominance as export options.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved