MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

FCP XML to Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack ShepardFCP XML to Media 100
by on Apr 19, 2009 at 8:04:27 pm

I've gone from Media 100 (using version 13.0.0) to FCP using an XML and it has worked perfectly. I'm working on a project today where the media was captured in FCP (DV codec). I exported the sequence as an XML, copied the media on to a drive and attached it to the Media 100 computer, and imported the XML. The XML opens but none of the media attaches. Can't seem to find a way to get it to attach. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: FCP XML to Media 100
by on Apr 19, 2009 at 9:44:05 pm

[Jack Shepard] " I exported the sequence as an XML, copied the media on to a drive and attached it to the Media 100 computer, and imported the XML"

That´s what causing the problem. The XML files do have a fixed path to the media files, like "YourHD:YourMediaFolder:YourMediaFile". If the media is not at this location the system does not find it. There are several ways to avoid this: either copy the files first and reconnect in FCP before exporting the XML, or open the XML in the text editor of your choice and manually fix the path to your media files with a "search and replace". If you look into the XML file it is quite easy to identify the media file links. Or you could rename the transfer drive to the same name as the original media file location, so that the system looks into the right path automatically.

I guess there will be a workaround for this in one of the future Media 100 updates, though…

Return to posts index

Jack ShepardRe: FCP XML to Media 100
by on Apr 20, 2009 at 12:28:23 am

That did the trick. Thanks a lot Floh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]