MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Export issue with bussed audio

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim WilcoxExport issue with bussed audio
by on Apr 13, 2009 at 4:14:07 pm

I can't seem to get all tracks exported on a program with the new audio setup. I have a pretty simple 12 channel pgm. interview and b roll audio is going thru B1 with some audio FX applied. Narration is going thru B3 with FX. Bknd music and sfx are going thru B4 with no FX. I can monitor all audio whilst editing thru analog out on the Kona. I have all the busses assign to go out on Ch 1&2. When I export as a stereo mix I don't get any busses except B1. If I send out as separate tracks I get everything (but with multiple stereo tracks and a bigger QT file).

I am assuming operator error of some sort, but are there any bug issues I need to know about?

Running M100 HDe 13.0.1

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Export issue with bussed audio
by on Apr 13, 2009 at 5:35:52 pm

Unfortunately currently if you export a stereo mix, you will only get Bus 1. I think it would be better to export e.g. hardware channel 1 instead of Bus1, but it looks like I was overruled on that. :-(

Return to posts index

Gregg MichaelsRe: Export issue with bussed audio
by on Apr 13, 2009 at 5:36:37 pm

Have the same problem: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/4/863125

I'm not sure if it was fixed in 13.0.2

GM

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Export issue with bussed audio
by on Apr 13, 2009 at 5:39:38 pm

[Gregg Michaels] "I'm not sure if it was fixed in 13.0.2 "

Right now it not really is something that can be fixed, since it was designed to export bus 1 (although I donĀ“t really like it). Hopefully a decision will be made to export Hardware Channel 1/2 instead of Bus1

Return to posts index

by on Apr 13, 2009 at 5:52:43 pm

Gotcha. I guess I was a little confused since Wick indicated that it sounded like an issue in my previous thread on this.

GM

Return to posts index

Jim WilcoxRe: Export issue with bussed audio
by on Apr 13, 2009 at 6:40:57 pm

Thanks for the info. I did see your thread, Gregg, after I posted. Along a similar vein, can you really no longer export a mono single channel audio file, out of Media 100? Seems that way.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 13, 2009 at 8:47:12 pm

As far as I can tell, you have to use the "bus as track" option. You can then open that video in quicktime and export out a stereo aif file. Then extract that audio and paste it back in over the video in the quicktime app, or back in Media100. The other way is to master it out to tape, and redigitize the audio. It's kind of a pain, so I'm definitely open to suggestions.

I like Floh's suggestion about the hardware channel 1/2, which is what I thought the "stereo mix" option was.

GM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]