MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

trying to create mirrored system?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Mosaedi
trying to create mirrored system?
on Apr 10, 2009 at 3:58:03 pm

Hello, I am preparing to use media 100 to play back a handful of videos and graphics live out of the media100 into a broadcast switcher for a show. I want to create an identical backup system. Currently all my media is on one eSATA RAID and I duplicated the entire media folders to another RAID and was hoping to fire media 100 up onto the second system and run those timelines and programs as a backup.

The problem is that when I copied everything over, the date created changes and media100 does not link the media up anymore. Is there a solution to this?

My second problem is that my m100 systems do not match. Both are HDe systems, but one is v12 running on leopard and the other is 11.6.4 running on tiger. I dont think there is budget to upgrade, but when i tried downgrading to 11.6.4 on the leopard machine, the m100 will not start up. I tried uninstalling v12, uninstalling the AJA drivers and reinstalling 11.6.4, but it still has issues. Does 11.6.4 not run on os X leopard? Thanks

Bobby Mosaedi
Magic Video, Inc.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: trying to create mirrored system?
on Apr 11, 2009 at 11:11:43 am

[Bobby Mosaedi] " Does 11.6.4 not run on os X leopard?"

I would guess it does not. And since you have problems, this most likely confirms it.

[Bobby Mosaedi] "The problem is that when I copied everything over, the date created changes and media100 does not link the media up anymore. Is there a solution to this? "

This should not happen. You should be able to copy Media 100 media files from one drive to another without any issues, with the systems relinking to the media files. We do that all the time. Is there something special about how you copied the files? Via Network? Or on local drives? The only thing I could imagine is that you copied it over the network using the SMB protocol, which can corrupt the files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]