MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M-100 upgrade from XE to XS

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John EmeryM-100 upgrade from XE to XS
by on Apr 1, 2009 at 8:05:09 am

I have a Powermac 9500 with Media 100 XE version 4.5 software. I recently purchased a Media 100 keyboard dongle for the Media 100 XS system in hopes that will unlock the XS capability in my current XE. I have not used this system in 8 or 9 years but have simply put it away in storage since transitioning to FCP in 2000. Now, I'm thinking of getting it out and putting it into use for some old analog video that i have in archive. Does anyone know if I need anything else besides the dongle to unlock the XS capability?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John Emery

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: M-100 upgrade from XE to XS
by on Apr 1, 2009 at 1:40:37 pm

John-

I'm not too knowledgeable in such matters, but can't see why what you proposing shouldn't work. That said...

You really should check out the current version of Media 100. It makes it quite easy to "come home" from FCP and if you're using an AJA card you already have the hardware side covered.

We use both FCP and Media 100, but whenever there's a choice I'll always start anything new in M100.

Return to posts index

John EmeryRe: M-100 upgrade from XE to XS
by on Apr 1, 2009 at 3:05:39 pm

Hello Nick

Thanks for the reply and also for the info on the new Media 100. I still believe that Media 100, back in 1996, set the standard and opened the door for all of the other editing programs. Avid was the Limo with the Limo price but M-100 let us in at a fraction of the cost. My first M-100 "Suite Deal" cost approx. $15k with the Mac and that huge, heavy, space eating 20" monitor. That system was a workhorse and very reliable... and the 200kb output was excellent. I'm looking forward to getting it unpacked and launching it on that old Mac. Just like getting re-acquainted with an old friend.

John

Return to posts index

Dave TenRe: M-100 upgrade from XE to XS
by on May 19, 2009 at 3:14:13 am

HI I PURCHASED FROM AUCTION AN OLD 8100 POWER MAC WITH MEDIA 100 CARDS AND SOFTWARE INSTALLED AND A KEYBOARD DONGLE
WHEN LOADING MEDIA 100 PROGRAM I GET 'INSTALL LISENCE KEY'
ANYONE KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO ? I CANT FIND ANY LISENCE KEY IN ANY OF THE BOOKS OR BROCHURES THAT CAME WITH IT.

Return to posts index

Kazu TakedaRe: M-100 upgrade from XE to XS
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 12:37:22 am

Do you still have a Media 100 XE key? I have a PowerMac 9600 running OS 8.5 with Media 100 version 3.1 with an LE key. I'd like to be able to either export an EDL or Batch Digitize. I have an old, 34 minute long project that I edited at draft resolution and would like to finally get it finished at a higher resolution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]