MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

why won't it make a normal quicktime?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha Husseywhy won't it make a normal quicktime?
by on Mar 27, 2009 at 8:26:49 pm

Hello,
When I export a quicktime from Media 100, I get a .MOV file but it doesn't have a quicktime icon next to the file name and when double clicked, it tries to open Media 100.
Is there a way to create a normal quicktime that doesn't point to Media 100?

I'm using version 7.5.0 of quicktime and Media 100i xs 8.2.3

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: why won't it make a normal quicktime?
by on Mar 27, 2009 at 8:35:57 pm

[Sasha Hussey] "Is there a way to create a normal quicktime that doesn't point to Media 100? "

It does create a normal quicktime already, but a QuickTime with Media 100 as creator. If you export a QuickTime from FinalCut it will have FinalCut as its creator, and it will open in FinalCut by default.
If you want to change the app associated with this QuickTime movie, right click it in the Finder, choose Open With… and select QuickTime Player while pressing the "Option" key. The open with should change to Always Open With…, and your file should be associated to QuickTime Player.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: why won't it make a normal quicktime?
by on Mar 29, 2009 at 10:59:19 am

Interesting Floh, but does this mean that a .Mov Quicktime file created from a Media 100 timeline will not be of use to a non Media 100 station without doing what you suggest?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: why won't it make a normal quicktime?
by on Mar 29, 2009 at 12:05:11 pm

[Michael Slowe] "Interesting Floh, but does this mean that a .Mov Quicktime file created from a Media 100 timeline will not be of use to a non Media 100 station without doing what you suggest? "

No, the files exported by Media 100 are "normal" QuickTime files. They only have Media 100 as their creator, which means that by default they will open up with Media 100. If Media 100 is not on the system, then they will open up in the default application for QuickTime files, e.g. QuickTime player.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: why won't it make a normal quicktime?
by on Mar 29, 2009 at 7:25:31 pm

Many thanks Floh, fully understood.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]