MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 Crashing need help please!!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Crowe
M100 Crashing need help please!!
on Mar 24, 2009 at 4:59:07 am

Hi Folks,

i'm currently experiencing quite regular freezing (beachball off death) when using M100. Initially I though my HD might be to full so I cleared that a bit and now have about 18GB space on it. I then thought it might have something to do with trying to cut native 720p 50 whilst using a G-tech 2TB FW800 drive for storage. Perhaps the drive was to slow for the footage? But it's now crashing with SD projects as well.

any ideas what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated. It happens when I'm drag expanding or shrinking a clip on the time line. But come to think of it, it can happen pretty much any time.

Set up as follows:

OSX 10.5.6
M100 V13.0
G5 Quad w/6.5GB RAM
G-Tech FW800 (2TB) drive

Please help me.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: M100 Crashing need help please!!
on Mar 24, 2009 at 7:18:04 am

Apple did some changes to their PPC/G5 code in one of the OS updates, which caused V13 to get into a spinning beachball mode sometimes. The Media 100 guys did work around these changes for the 13.0.1 update. So if you are really running V13.0 (especially on a G5) you should upgrade to V13.0.1.

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Mar 26, 2009 at 12:18:22 am

thanks for that Floh. I really appreciate that.

yes I can confirm it is V 13.0 I'm having problems with.

now I just have to work our how to do that update. Is it just a matter of re-downloading a trial and using my current unlock code? wasn't sure if it'd work with the new unique user ID? I've emailed M100 about this also.

Wouldn't be great if M100 had auto updates like apple does.

thanks agin for your help

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Mar 26, 2009 at 12:22:51 am

If you have V13 installed, the V13.0.1 update is free, and you don´t need to reenter your ID. Simply download the trial version and install it over V13.0, and you should be good to go.

And regarding the auto update: sometimes these auto updates can make your day really miserable, e.g. when your Software update installs a new QuickTime version which breaks all kinds of things. I prefer doing the updates manually. But of course an auto notification about new versions would be nice.

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Mar 26, 2009 at 12:38:46 am

wow, that was a seriously quick reply. it must be like 1am or something in germany right now.

thanks for that floh. you are amazing.

cheers
paul

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
Re: M100 update - more help please - floh?!!
on Mar 26, 2009 at 2:24:56 am

I did the download. serial # accepted ok. now when I click on the program icon to open it, it gives me a warning: Media 100 can not run because the hardware is not installed. Install Media100 hardware or run diagnostic application.

Ok so I try t run the test ap in the meda100 folder and it says driver failed. So I ran the KONA conflict checker just because it seemed like thing to do and there's no conflicts.

So it seems the new M100 software can't see the Kona card - is that right?

The software is still listed in the extensions in mac info but I can't remember if the Kona card itself was ever listed in the hardware section of mac info but it's not there now.

Anyway, you got any ideas what might be going on here and how I might be able to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any more help.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: M100 update - more help please - floh?!!
on Mar 26, 2009 at 8:02:46 am

Forgot to mention: you also need to update your Kona drivers. Download the Aja Kona 6.03 drivers from the Aja website. I think at least 6.01 (or maybe 6.02) is required for V13.0.1.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]