MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Version 13 File Export.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregg Michaels
Version 13 File Export.
on Mar 13, 2009 at 8:23:41 pm

Having trouble exporting self-contained quicktime with stereo mix option. The program has 2 busses-->1 for all sot tracks and 1 for all music tracks. I can only get bus 1 out on "stereo mix" option. Am I mis-interpreting what this is supposed to create? Had to master to digi-beta and re-digitize to work around.

GM

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Version 13 File Export.
on Mar 14, 2009 at 10:07:02 am

[Gregg Michaels] "Having trouble exporting self-contained quicktime with stereo mix option. The program has 2 busses-->1 for all sot tracks and 1 for all music tracks. I can only get bus 1 out on "stereo mix" option. Am I mis-interpreting what this is supposed to create? Had to master to digi-beta and re-digitize to work around."

The "Stereo Mix“ option recreates the way the "older" version worked, exporting Bus 1 as your stereo mix. If you want to export one of the other buses, you can use the "Export Buses as separate tracks" function, which will give you a quicktime with multiple stereo audio tracks, one for each bus. In QuickTime player you then can easily delete the unwanted buses/tracks for this clip.

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
on Mar 14, 2009 at 4:21:47 pm

Ok, got it. Is there not an easy way to export what's going to the channel 1-2 outs? What I'm hearing over the monitor is perfect. If I create a multi-track bus export, will the mix be the same?

GM

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Mar 14, 2009 at 2:57:32 pm

Hey Greg,

I just re-read your post after seeing Floh's response. Are you saying that you get ONLY bus number 1 when you choose "Stereo Mix"?

If so, that's different, and it's news to me.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
on Mar 14, 2009 at 4:36:41 pm

Yes. I have a program with 8 Tracks. Tracks 1-4 are mapped to bus-1 and tracks 5-8 are going to bus-2. When I use the stereo mix option from the file export menu I only get bus-1 on the quicktime.

GM

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Mar 15, 2009 at 1:22:15 am

OK, I'm with you. That doesn't sound right to me. I'll see what I can find out when I'm back in the office (I'm out Monday the 16th).

In the mean time... you should try exporting busses as separate tracks. What's the workflow? Where is this file going from here? Is it possible to run a short test to ensure that you'll get what you need at the other end of the workflow?

~Wick

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
on Mar 15, 2009 at 7:52:06 pm

The program is 1080i@29.97 XDCam-HD footage acquired the good old fashioned way. The codec used is Apple ProRes HQ. I'm going to experiment with the bus to tracks option. If that doesn't work with good results, I'll be going the mix down route to digi-beta. Unfortunately, I'm on a deadline with this one, but I can handle it with the digi workaround.

GM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]