MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Can't acquire component from DSR-45

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter DeArmondCan't acquire component from DSR-45
by on Mar 7, 2009 at 8:18:57 pm

Oh wise ones,

I cannot acquire component video from my DSR-45 deck, and this has never happened before. I can acquire DV footage through the same unit. I have a Power Mac G5, two 2.7 GHz, 4 GB RAM, and Media 100 12.1.2 and the Media 100 HDX card. What should my project settings be for codecs? And the preferences for Video In -- shouldn't they be SD component (that's what I'm trying to acquire). Other than rechecking the cable connections, what would you do?

Any advice would greatly appreciated...

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Can't acquire component from DSR-45
by on Mar 7, 2009 at 10:07:38 pm

Hi Peter,

First thing to note is that DV comes in through the Mac's FireWire port, completely bypassing all Media 100 Hardware. So... no surprise that it's unaffected.

Second thing is, you've got HDx hardware. That means that component video in is only possible via the analog video cable bundle which plugs into the analog "mezzanine" card. It's entirely possible that there is a problem with either the analog cable or the analog card.

You can try 'jiggling' the analog cable where it connects to the card and you can pull it off and check to see if the connectors are damaged. Other than that, there isn't much you can do without another cable/card to compare and contrast.

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmondRe: Can't acquire component from DSR-45
by on Mar 7, 2009 at 11:16:18 pm

Thanks Wick,

I did double-check the analog cables and they look okay. I also ran the hardware test just for the heck of it, and it passed. I'll keep trying. If anyone has any other suggestions...

Return to posts index

jeremy RowellRe: Can't acquire component from DSR-45
by on Mar 9, 2009 at 8:09:41 pm

I got a little more life out of my card by opening opening the mac up and GENTLY wiggling the card and make sure it was seated. It would then work for awhile then it would act up again. Eventually I had to have mine replaced by Media 100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved