MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Acquiring HD Footage

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian UhlerAcquiring HD Footage
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 4:50:03 pm

I am trying to acquire footge off of a Panasonic DVCPROHD camera model AJ-HDX900P. When I go to change the device control and vidio input it does recognize the camera however it keeps saying there is a video sync loss and just keeps looping the message until it crashes. Any ideas on some setting I am missing?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Acquiring HD Footage
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 4:51:48 pm

Are you trying to acquire via FireWire? DVCProHD is not supported via FireWire, only HDV and SD formats.

Return to posts index

Brian UhlerRe: Acquiring HD Footage
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 4:54:34 pm

Yes I was trying Firewire. So if that is not supported what else can I do?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 2, 2009 at 4:55:39 pm

[Brian Uhler] "Yes I was trying Firewire. So if that is not supported what else can I do?"

You can acquire HD via HD-SDI (if you have a hardware card like a Kona board) or HD Components.

Return to posts index

Brian UhlerRe: Acquiring HD Footage
by on Mar 2, 2009 at 4:59:54 pm

We do have a kona board what setting would i need?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 2, 2009 at 5:09:35 pm

I donĀ“t know this camera, and from its brochure I am not convinced that it can play out HD-SDI signals (it does while recording, but I am not sure that it does during playback/VTR operations). If it does, then you need to set up the Video out to play out HD-SDI, and you connect this to the HD-SDI in of your Kona card. The deck control should happen via FireWire, so you set up Deck control to FireWire in the Media 100 prefs, and Video in to HD-SDI and whatever format you shot (most likely 29.97).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]