MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

upgrade question

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wilcoxupgrade question
by on Feb 25, 2009 at 6:30:46 pm

Finally getting around to upgrading our HDe system to 13.0.1 (purchased in December, but too much on the system until now) The system is using the Aja LHe card. I see that I am to install the 6.0.2 aja driver, but the release notes are a bit cryptic about the firmware update for the card. I assume I am NOT supposed to update the firmware.

I am also planning on installing Final Cut Studio. Is it going to be a problem if the firmware is not updated for that card when working with FCS? Is there a recommended version # for FCS given this? And can Media100 and Final Cut be installed on the same drive (and same partition?)

Any other items I should be looking out for? I am running a CalDigit S2VR array and they are not ready for OSX 10.5.6, so I will only be able to go to 10.5.5

Thanks for any info...

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: upgrade question
by on Feb 25, 2009 at 7:05:53 pm

This one's easy. With an LHe card you CAN'T update the firmware. The firmware update is for K3 cards only. So just cast it from you're mind.

No other gotchas (that we currently know about;-) so you're good to go.

Return to posts index

Jim WilcoxRe: upgrade question
by on Feb 25, 2009 at 7:29:10 pm

Thanks for the info. One other to toss out... If I am going from 10.4.11, is it advisable to install 10.5.0 from the discs that came with the Mac Pro and then use a Combo update to go to 10.5.5 (Vs. just incremental 5.1..5.2..5.3 updates)

and am I going to encounter any issues because I can't go to 10.5.6 due to Caldigit?

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: upgrade question
by on Feb 25, 2009 at 7:52:42 pm

I'd go with the Combo update followed by a launch of Software Update. Of course, don't forget to refuse the 10.5.6 update at that point. I don't foresee any issue with using OS 10.5.5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved