MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Butting clips together

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David IsskoButting clips together
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 6:25:55 am

8 core Mac Pro, 4Gb RAM M100 V13 using PR422HQ from my EX3 camera files and CalDigit HDPro RAID drives to suit HD editing

I have recently experienced different time codes (the red display on the RHS of the timeline UI) when dragging & butting up 2 clips together in either A or B video tracks. I have clip 1 in situ and I wish to say create a 1 second dissolve between the 2 clips. So I used to butt clip 2 right up against the end of clip 1 to see the time code at the join. I then dragged clip 2 to the other video track for the 1 second overlap then create my transition.

It used to work perfectly for years in SD and HD with time codes always consistent. Recently I can move clip 2 away from clip 1, then drag it back to the end of clip 1 and the UI displays a (red) time code display. I then set the dissolve overlap but it is not 1 second. I try again with a different time code display. I can even move clip 2 away from clip 1, butt it up again and the display gives me a different time code.

It seems to be a bug of sorts.

Any one else with this issue. I hope you can understand my explanation.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Butting clips together
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 12:30:17 pm

I am not sure that I understand this issue. You now can upload images to the Cow via the buttons over the message writing window; maybe you can do some screenshots on what you are doing and what you are getting.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Butting clips together
by on Feb 8, 2009 at 11:37:35 am

Thanks Floh,
I will respond with some images shortly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved