MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Problem Exporting To After Effects

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremy Rowell
Problem Exporting To After Effects
on Feb 6, 2009 at 10:28:06 pm

I'm having a problem that seems to be getting more frequent. When I export a project (usually a :30 spot), then open it in AE a couple of the clips have an error. at some point in the clip a couple of frames will revert to the first frame. It only happens to the video on the timeline. If I double click the file in the project window it will play fine. My work around is to open the clip in QT at render it to a QT animation, and then replace the file in AE.

This only happens to clips coming from Media 100. Any thoughts?

AE CS3
Media 100 12.6
OS 10.5.5
QT 10.5

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: Problem Exporting To After Effects
on Feb 7, 2009 at 5:10:59 am

Hmmm...

What codec are these files being capture to in Media 100?

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
on Feb 9, 2009 at 5:49:35 pm

Media 100HD

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
on Feb 9, 2009 at 3:48:00 pm

This sounds similar to a problem I was having exporting to AE. If I recall, any clips in V1 and up would slip back to the first frame of the source timecode, unless it was rendered with an effect. This was a problem if you had a fade on it, but if it was all cuts, there wasn't a problem. I had the problem confirmed with tech support, and I thought it was fixed in 12.6. I don't know if the issue was in the AE exporter, or the M100 Importer plugin, but it's definitely fixed for me in 12.7.1. You might want to confirm you replaced your M100 Importer plug-in on the AE side of things with the newer version.

GM

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
on Feb 9, 2009 at 5:54:23 pm

This happens even with straight cuts... It might even happen when I import the video into AE (not using the Media 100 exporter), but I nee to confirm this.

I will check on the AE exporter.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
on Feb 10, 2009 at 5:06:45 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the issue did not occur when it was only cuts. I meant that if you rendered color fx on the clips above the a/b line, and then exported to AE with the "export rendered filter media" option turned on, then the edits did not slip. If you had cuts only, then you could effect individual layers with no problem (in AE). If you had a dissolve in your timeline, then the AE comp would contained the rendered dissolve which would complicate things.

GM

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
on Feb 10, 2009 at 7:34:15 pm

Thanks for the clarification.
What I'm doing is basic stuff. I cut a 30 second promo laying the video on the a/b tracks and a couple tracks of audio. No fx or dissolves, just timing it out. I then export the timeline to AE to make it pretty 8>)

When I open it in AE around 20% of the clips have frames that... stutter. It could be 3 seconds into a clip then it will jump back a couple frames, then jump around two or three frames then play back fine. The video plays fine in the Project window, and this does not happen with any other video I bring into my machine.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Feb 10, 2009 at 7:55:07 pm

Hmmm, trying to narrow it down: which version of QuickTime do you use, and which format (1080/720/NTSC)? Which framerate? Which version of AE CS3 (8.0 or 8.0.1 or?)?
Never seen this problem personally, so I am trying to find what is different in your setup from ours.

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
on Feb 10, 2009 at 10:17:57 pm

QT 7.5 (Not 7.5.5) I'm thinking of making the leap to 7.6 to see if it fixes the issue since Wick gave it a green light.

Codec: Media 100 HD 8-bit

Kona LHe Control Panel Format: 525i29.97

After Effects 8.0.2.27
Comp: 720x486 D1/DV NTSC (0.9) 29.97fps

That's all of the settings I can think of...

Return to posts index

jeremy Rowell
Exporting To After Effects UPDATE
on Feb 20, 2009 at 5:29:14 pm

Installed QT 7.6 and the problem still exists. Is anyone else experiencing this our is my system just "Special"?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]