MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Version 13 support for HDV?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juanjo MoraVersion 13 support for HDV?
by on Feb 5, 2009 at 4:00:07 pm

Last December I asked about digitizing HDV 1080 24p footage into Media100. More specifically the footage comes from a Canon XHA1.

The answer was that it was not supported.

Is it supported now in Version 13?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Version 13 support for HDV?
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 5:09:31 am

Hi there,

I have been unable to nail down an answer to this question because I do not have access to this camera to test with.

I'm thrown off a bit by the specs on the camera. The "progressive" on the camera are marked as 24f and 30f, not 24P and 30P. The best info I can find thus far states that it actually records "fielded" media with each field in a frame containing the same image, giving the illusion on playback of a progressive image.

The first question is, is this really just a different name for PSF (progressive segmented frames)?

The second question is, is it REALLY 24 fps or is it actually 23.98? MANY cameras from all the big manufacturers are guilty of putting "24" in the camera menu when they are actually capturing 23.98.

A final possibility is, the camera may actually be capturing and playing at 29.97 while inserting 3:2 pulldown, in which case none of this matters.

Sorry to throw this back in your court but...
Do you have any idea what your camera is really capturing when you set it to 24f? Does anyone else out there with the same camera know? The answers may help me work out an answer the the original questions.

Having said all that, Media 100 v13 is available as a Try and Buy. It is fully functional for 2 weeks with no watermark and no hindrance whatsoever. You could always give it a try and see what happens. This would be the fastest way to answer your question for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved