MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How much i have to pay?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BerthamHow much i have to pay?
by on Feb 5, 2009 at 2:16:34 am

Can anybody tell me HOW MUCH Media 100HD or Suite, or SD or plain HD...blabla costs?

media100.com is just a labyrinth to me, not really good and not very informative product page. i'd like to have information that nails my needs without having to contact media100 per e-mail or whatever.

i have a mac intel octacore running leopard, do i need addidional hardware or is media100(whatever?)runs right away as a software only application?

btw. what os that media100 (uups Boris FX) shop good for? http://www.borisfx.com/store/cart.php?target=category&category_id=8

respectively, what is "media100 producer". wouldnt' be easier to have a maximum of two software version? one for kiddies and one cutting edge suite?

i don't get it. sorry.

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: How much i have to pay?
by on Feb 5, 2009 at 3:02:19 am

I'm guessing from the time/date stamp on your post that you're not in North America so... that complicates things a bit.

It's still Feb. 4th here, almost 10:00pm. I'll check in with some other people at the office tomorrow morning with the details and get back to you then.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: How much i have to pay?
by on Feb 5, 2009 at 8:31:48 am

[Paul Bertham] "i have a mac intel octacore running leopard, do i need addidional hardware or is media100(whatever?)runs right away as a software only application? "

There are 2 versions; Media 100 Producer is a software-only product that supports FireWire I/O and file import (e.g. for P2 and XDCam EX). Media 100 Suite is a product based on the Aja Kona line of hardware-boards, depending on which I/O and conversion capability you need (SDI, Components,....

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: How much i have to pay?
by on Feb 6, 2009 at 2:09:51 pm

[Paul Bertham] "wouldnt' be easier to have a maximum of two software version?"

I disagree. Going back to its inception Media 100 has offered multiple levels of its product to best serve the needs or the broadest possible number of users. What about this doesn't make sense? There are plenty of users who need more than the version for "kiddies" but don't need the "cutting edge suite." I used to be in that group before dramatic price drops across all NLE products made it so going for the top end was a no brainer.

That said, even though Media 100 is far and away my NLE of choice, the cost of Apple's Final Cut Suite is so inexpensive that having that around, if only to use almost everything in the box BUT Final Cut Pro is also a no brainer. Media 100 version 13's ability to interchange timelines with FCP users and go back and forth to Color for correction is simply remarkable given the relatively low investment required.

Return to posts index

Paul BerthamRe: How much i have to pay?
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 3:12:41 am

I NEED O N E APPLICATION! OK!???

nothing less, nothing more!

got it?

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: How much i have to pay?
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 4:57:27 am

Paul,

I ended up not responding to your post earlier this week as I had promised because...

1: Floh got to the versions question first.
and
2: I realized that you had already provided the answer to the price question yourself by including the link to our online store.

As for THIS post, what is your point? Are you honestly still confused? It's not that complicated. I don't want to drag this on and on in a pointless flame-fest, I'm only continuing with this for the benefit of those following along that may be swayed by you into thinking that it's actually that difficult to figure out.

Media 100 Producer is a software-only application. It does not use 3rd party I/O hardware. You can bring media in and out via FireWire or Import and Export. It also includes Boris RED as the titling and compositing application, software that normally costs $995 on it's own. The price for Media 100 Producer in North America is $995 USD.

Media 100 Suite requires I/O hardware. It uses three different OEM cards from AJA, the LSe, the LHe and the K3. Each card has different capabilities and therefor lends different capabilities to Media 100. It also includes Boris RED as the titling and compositing application, software that normally costs $995 on it's own. The price for Media 100 Suite in North America is $1495 USD.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: How much i have to pay?
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 1:21:35 pm

Just to go some way to making it clearer,

Media 100 Producer
....is the software-only version. Good if your footage is coming in through firewire, P2, XDCAM EX or whatever...

Media 100 Suite
...comes with one of three cards, and a breakout box.

One of the cards and breakout boxes has inputs and outputs for SD.

One of the cards and breakout boxes has inputs and outputs for analogue and digital HD.

One of the cards and breakout boxes has inputs and outputs for digital only HD.

The middle one has proved the most popular, as it has both digital and analogue input and outputs.

What I've explained here is how I understood things back in the days of M100 SDe, HDe and HD Suite. I assume it's still the same, but if I've got it wrong, feel free to correct me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_100#Current_products
....might need updating. ^_^

When Paul asked for just one product, I think he meant he just wanted to buy the one product, and needs to figure out which one is right for him.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: How much i have to pay?
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 3:36:41 pm

[Andrew Mehta] "When Paul asked for just one product, I think he meant he just wanted to buy the one product, and needs to figure out which one is right for him."

Since he did not give us any background on what he wants and needs it is difficult to suggest what version is right for him. So I donĀ“t really understand his question.

[Andrew Mehta] "What I've explained here is how I understood things back in the days of M100 SDe, HDe and HD Suite. I assume it's still the same, but if I've got it wrong, feel free to correct me. "

This basically is correct. There is one software version for use with the hardware boards (Media 100 Suite software), and the 3 different boards (or the 3+2 boards, if you also count the LH and LS boards for PCI-X PPC systems).

Return to posts index

Paul BerthamRe: How much i have to pay?
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 11:28:13 pm

Hi,

sorry for my rants. i'm somehow confused with final cut pro these days with every project i do. i'm relied to a damn properly working NLE otherwise i will quit my job as an editor forever.

i can't stand Apples poor support on Pro Applications anymore.

we've had media100i and it was somehow frustrating to work with in the last years, so i'm afraid having all the limitations and hassles again.

i have an octa intel mac with kona LHe and i will give it a try with a Demo first of Media100 SD/HD Suite.

thank you for your replies.

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]