MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 EX Codec support

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David IsskoMedia 100 EX Codec support
by on Feb 5, 2009 at 1:10:07 am

Any idea if and when Media 100 will directly support EX codecs?

Thanks very much

Return to posts index

Chris StevensRe: Media 100 EX Codec support
by on Feb 5, 2009 at 10:10:16 am

The sooner the better. Please reply to this Wickham - we need to know!

G5 dual 2.7, OS10.5.1, 4G RAM
Media100 HD V12 & Producer, AE 7
5.6 terra RAID

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Media 100 EX Codec support
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 5:20:56 am

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, I spent the last two days talking to a lot of people about how to answer this and, unfortunately, I can't.

I hate to do it but, in this case, the stereotypical lawyer-speak answer really is the appropriate one. We simply do not publicly discuss features that we have not publicly announced.

I CAN tell you that this sort of support is not out of the question, it's something that is discussed frequently in house and something that we would certainly "like" to do. We are constantly making decisions about where to focus our resources. Sometimes this means our customers will feel like a feature or two is "missing". We are not the only company in the world that has to make these sort of choices. I personally would LOVE to be able to go straight to Blu-ray out of DVDSP, but Apple hasn't put that in there yet.

So, again, sorry I can't always answer your questions, but PLEASE don't stop asking them.

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: Media 100 EX Codec support
by on Feb 7, 2009 at 6:12:38 am

Apple and the Blu-Ray consortium have many legal, licensing & cost issues that have steered Apple along the non Blu-Ray path for the moment.

I doubt that is the case with Media 100 and EX codec so that comparison is not realistic but I understand what you are saying. Nonetheless, your initial answer was honest enough for me - thank you. I do hope that Media 100 WILL include this increasingly popular codec in the near term.

Yes, I import & convert the files to PR422HQ easily and it all looks great, but the EX choice would be appreciated as Media 100 does not offer many HD codec choices at all.

I will keep asking.

Thanks again Wick

Return to posts index

John AufderheideRe: Media 100 EX Codec support
by on Feb 9, 2009 at 11:17:55 pm

I too appreciate your honesty.

And it would certainly help me if you all decide to go in that direction. (And it would influence a purchase as well.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved