MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Unusual renders and Serial Wrap hardware test errors

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick BennettUnusual renders and Serial Wrap hardware test errors
by on Feb 4, 2009 at 3:36:47 pm

After rendering a project in Media 100 8.2.1, half of the motionFX (on the B track only) and all rendered transitions have strange lines at the top of the screen. All clips on "A" track were fine and all real time clips/transitions looked fine too. Have tried opening program in new project, tried rendering problem clips in new program/project. I also tested clips in older projects and they now have the same problem!

I ran a hardware test and 8 errors came up while testing the P6000 card, all of them regarding "Serial Wrap RGB->YUV" and "Serial Wrap YUV->RGB" for NTSC, PAL, NTSC_CCIR, and PAL_CCIR.

Are these errors causing the render problems? FYI: running Media100 8.2.1 on a G4 Dual 1 GHz PowerMac OS 10.2.8

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Unusual renders and Serial Wrap hardware test errors
by on Feb 4, 2009 at 3:49:26 pm

This really sounds like your problems are caused by your hardware. You probably should get in touch with techsupport.

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: Unusual renders and Serial Wrap hardware test errors
by on Feb 4, 2009 at 5:08:32 pm

Hey Patrick,

I have to preface this by saying that Media 100 i is an OLD product by almost any standards (it's been out of active development of over 3 years now), so I apologize for not being able to say exactly what your errors mean.

Having said that, when I was doing Tech Support full time there were certain errors that stuck in my head either because they sounded funny (for some reason "Serial Wrap" always tickled my funny bone) or because they ALWAYS ended up meaning broken/dead hardware. I remember your errors as being ones that point to broken/dead hardware.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Patrick BennettRe: Unusual renders and Serial Wrap hardware test errors
by on Feb 4, 2009 at 6:13:36 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I was hoping it was something else. I installed a photo album software called FlipAlbum (I work at a photo/video studio) and this rendering problem started right after that. Someone told me that there was a way of resetting the card by using firmware updates but not sure how or if that would even work.

Any thoughts?

~Patrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]