MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 HDx analog output board

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Burnham
Media 100 HDx analog output board
on Feb 4, 2009 at 2:57:34 pm

Hello, I seem to have a bad analog output card. Talking to Media 100 it seems expensive to get it replaced. Platinum Support for a year was about $2000. Is there anyone out there that has one they are not using and would be interested in selling it?

Will this even work? I seem to remember something about the software being "linked" to the installed hardware.

Thanks for reading,
Jay B.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Media 100 HDx analog output board
on Feb 4, 2009 at 5:18:22 pm

[Jay Burnham] "Will this even work? I seem to remember something about the software being "linked" to the installed hardware. "

I don´t think the HDx analog daughter card has a own serial. The software is definitely locked to the HDx board serial, but swapping the analog board probably won´t cause problems.

On the other hand, one thing you could consider is to upgrade to a Kona LH board, which would work with your current Mac. You would lose SD to HD upconversion capabilities of the HDx, but you would gain some new framerates and support for progressive formats. Not sure if this is cheaper than the maintenance agreement, and you would need to talk to Media 100 about transferring your software license to a new board.

Return to posts index

Chris Stevens
Re: Media 100 HDx analog output board
on Feb 6, 2009 at 9:58:57 am

I have a spare HDx box if you're interested contact me offline chris@waterlineproductions.co.uk

G5 dual 2.7, OS10.5.1, 4G RAM
Media100 HD V12 & Producer, AE 7
5.6 terra RAID

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]