MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wickham StrubQuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on Jan 21, 2009 at 8:35:21 pm

I can't remember the last time I was actually HAPPY that a new Mac OS or version of QuickTime was released as it usually means headaches for us. However, we are cautiously optimistic that this release will be nothing but a good thing for Media 100 users.

We have been using Beta versions of QuickTime 7.6 for the last couple of months and "the QT 7.5.5" problem has been "fixed" by those Beta versions. While we have absolutely no reason to believe that the official version will be any different, I think it's best to take it slow for a few days before we crack open any bottles of champagne.

We are going to pound on it for a day or two and I'll post again with my official "blessing" then. For now though, I don't see any real harm in trying it out because (as we know all too well) you can always back up to QT 7.5 if you need to.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 1:06:07 am

Wow!! Obama really has made a change! ;-)

That's good news for sure, but I'll take your advice and wait a bit. Thanks Wick

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 11:04:44 am

Can someone please say what the advantages would be with QT 7.6 over 7.5.0 which I've only just installed with Media 100 version 13?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Dennis DeanRe: QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on Jan 24, 2009 at 1:16:40 pm

The advantage of 7.6 is for those off us who suffered through 7.5.5 - which was not compatible with Media 100. You can stay on 7.5 for now.... (Watch those Apple OS upgrades carefully) - and install 7.6 after Wick and a few others more knowledgeable than I get done beating it to death (apparently with old McCain Palin bumper stickers), then install and blissfully avoid the issues of 7.5.5. Things got so cranky on my end with 7.5.5 I ended up doing a completely new OS install. (Whew!) Thanks to Wick and the others who populate this site regularly and make my life easier.

Hope is here and it's name is Wick.

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-
http://www.deangroup.com

Return to posts index

David IsskoRe: QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 11:41:33 am

Thanks for the news update Wick. I will wait for your official 'blessing'. Hope that all works out well for both Media 100 and all us end users, not that I have any problem with QT 7.5.

P.S. V13 (which I just upgraded to because I had too many projects on the go) looks great. Thanks Media 100.

Return to posts index

Mike WhitemanRe: QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 7:25:08 pm

Does this hopefully good news mean that Media 100 Producer will process the QT correctly now? Am currently back on QT 7.5 after the bad new of its previous update.

In New Zealand we also stopped and took in the Obama show. But here a previous change of government had people saying within a week that the driving on our roads was better! Will he have that power?

Cheers

Mike

Return to posts index

Wickham StrubRe: QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 8:42:51 pm

Hi Mike,

The QT 7.6 should have the same positive effect on Producer that it does on the hardware-based systems. In fact, it's not really about the M100 applications at all. It's always been about the MJPEG codec that's built into QuickTime and our Media 100 i codec that feeds off the MJPEG codec to do its magic.

RE: your other question... my car is getting better gas mileage, my kids are treating me with more respect and my waistband is shrinking. But that MUST be unrelated, right?

Return to posts index

Jason RogersonRe: QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on May 6, 2009 at 3:00:41 pm

Hey,

I'm trying to get a Sony pdw700 cam import into Final Cut Pro/Media 100. I currently run Quicktime 7.5, but to enable this import I am being advised from different sources to install Quicktime 7.5.5 or higher. Hearing lots of complaints from Media 100 users about 7.5.5 and plan to avoid it. But what about Quicktime 7.6? I always get some kind of problems with Media 100 when I update Quicktime. Don't want to go down that road again, but without a newer version I seem to be unable to import these files. Any latest news on the pros/cons of Quicktime 7.6 associated with Media 100???? Any news appreciated.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on May 6, 2009 at 3:32:39 pm

[Jason Rogerson] "Any latest news on the pros/cons of Quicktime 7.6 associated with Media 100????"

It does work on OSX 10.5.x with Media 100 V13

Return to posts index

by on May 6, 2009 at 5:22:30 pm

Thanks Floh. Any news on whether it works with OS X.5.5 with Media100 12.1.3? Or version 12.7 for that matter? I am thinking of upgrading to Media100 12.7 and Quicktime 7.6 to be able to have the proper codecs to be able to import Sony PDW700 XDCAM footage. But I don't want to do this if it if these updates (Media100 12.7 & QT 7.6) don't work properly together.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: QuickTime 7.6 RELEASED!!!
by on May 6, 2009 at 6:02:07 pm

[Jason Rogerson] "ny news on whether it works with OS X.5.5 with Media100 12.1.3? Or version 12.7 for that matter?"

As Wick said here, V12.7.1 does work with 10.5.6 and QuickTime 7.6

Return to posts index

by on May 6, 2009 at 7:07:19 pm

Thanks again Floh. Guess I missed that post of Wick's.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]